. .
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    I have my one at work at present while i extend my workshop to fit it in :)

To get it home i will have to put it in the back of my ford Mondeo so will have to do the same as will anyone that wants to get it through a standard door.

Aparrently there are a lot of screws holding the legs to the cabinet but it does come off eventually, not investigated this yet but read up on it so it does seem possible if a bit fiddly.

Don't forget the 60W will be a 50W, no arguments, it will be 50W.

I am fully expecting to need a new tube anytime between now and some time soon, they have a limited life and my one was labelled as being made last December, worth bearing in mind.

Overall its a good machine, I have ordered some new mirrors as the ones in it were stained - £18 from China for 3 :) I dont mind the fiddling and tweaking needed - for me this is part of the fun, I need to remove my tube mounts and mill some slots in the bases so i can better align the beam.

Dave,

I got my Dohickey the other day but events have conspired not to give me time to use it yet (lambing !) have you used yours yet?

yes, and it seems to work very well too :)

Had a little issue getting my thermocouple down the tube - had to remove the shrink-tube from the end but it all went together in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    I have my one at work at present while i extend my workshop to fit it in :)

Don't forget the 60W will be a 50W, no arguments, it will be 50W.

I am fully expecting to need a new tube anytime between now and some time soon, they have a limited life and my one was labelled as being made last December, worth bearing in mind.
    I have one of the blue and white ones rated at 50W. Quite what the power is I'm not certain as I have no way of checking it. In a conversation with small Son the other day we were working out how old this machine is and we make it between 4 and 4 1/2 years old, given that my wife died over 3 years ago and it was used well before this for making things she used to sell.

As a quick test I can still cut 10mm acrylic at the same settings as when it was new as we keep a book of settings when we cut anything new.

I realise that the tubes in these have a finite life based on use and age but so far this one is behaving and now we had the yardstick of settings for 10mm acrylic I'll continue to use it until [a] it stops working or [b] the loss of power causes problems.

This is the second laser I have owned, the first far more expensive model [ now discontinued ] from a well known UK agent, although still a Chinese import was sent back after 5 service calls as totally unsuitable and problematic.
    John S -

That is excellent tube life, impressed.

Unless you are 'knob twiddler' like myself, measuring power is not important, if it does the job thats what counts.

I like to tweak things so i have a method of measuring output etc.

I think its pot-luck with the Chinese tubes really, one thing that really kills them it seems is running them at 100% power - they over-run the tubes to get more power but at the cost of really short life. My one is rated 20mA power and that is reached at 67% on the machine, which gives me almost exactly 50W output from my supposedly 60W tube.
    Last edited by Davek0974; 07-04-2017 at 07:23 AM.

There are always losses from the tube to the cutting head.
    50W from a 60W tube is normal.
    John S -

Apologies, this was measured at the tube output before mirror 1

8. I've finally got round to ordering one of these 60W laser cutters, and just been given my tracking number (which of course doesn't work on the DHL website). Did anyone manage to successfully track one of these sent from Germany, or am I destined to stay at home all week waiting for the crate to turn up?

I just badgered the seller to give me the correct tracking ref - it was because they logged it into DHL international and their system is ending soon, it does not show on DHL uk.

When i got the right link it worked ok.

10. Thanks, I've been sent a link to the tracking page for DHL freight, but the number isn't working there either. The 'Help' for that page says you need to be logged in first, and I don't have a DHL account, so can't log in. :(

I'll keep pestering the seller until it turns up, and then I'll start pestering you lot with all my questions about setting it up properly. ;)
    Last edited by pinballdave; 26-06-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information