So I'm in aus at the moment and for the past few mouths I have been trying to help a friend get his nice cut 600 x 900 router set up and understand how it all works properly however this thing is now starting to drive me insane!

First off the machine runs nc studio which is about as basic as it gets to the point were its frustrating as you cant do half the things you would like and on top of that there is very little support out there.

then things like the vfd which I'm having issues with as it doesn't seam set up properly as I can only get 9000 rpm out of it.

then things falling apart, last night two lock nuts fell off the end of the ball screw and proceeded to jam the hole axis in aware as it was under a cover, the nuts had no form of lock tight on them what so ever.

Then again last night I went to mill the bed level with a 25mm bit and found that the z axis wasn't vertical (in the side to side plane) it was leaving a slanted cut on the bed width ways running down the length as it went. so I took the spindle mount of to see if it could be adjusted and found the holes and counter bores that were there looked like they were done free hand by a blind guy. The centres of the main holes were about 5mm of there target that they had scored on to the mount and then the counter bores for the head of the bolts were not even vaguely close to being centred with the smaller holes and they had just been done with a normal drill bit as you could see the taper at the bottom still! so a half hours work with the dremel to try and sort the counter bores I got to what I thought was the z axis vertical.

However

I then re levelled the bed and for the first part it came out great however then over the last 1/3 of the table the steps slowly came back but how! we re levelled the table again and exactly the same happened!

if it was the rails that were bent it should still be smooth even if not flat, how can one side be ok then go out on the other side it doesn't seam to make sense

sorry I haven't provided any pictures I will get a few when I go to the work shop today.