. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    So I'm in aus at the moment and for the past few mouths I have been trying to help a friend get his nice cut 600 x 900 router set up and understand how it all works properly however this thing is now starting to drive me insane!

First off the machine runs nc studio which is about as basic as it gets to the point were its frustrating as you cant do half the things you would like and on top of that there is very little support out there.

then things like the vfd which I'm having issues with as it doesn't seam set up properly as I can only get 9000 rpm out of it.

then things falling apart, last night two lock nuts fell off the end of the ball screw and proceeded to jam the hole axis in aware as it was under a cover, the nuts had no form of lock tight on them what so ever.

Then again last night I went to mill the bed level with a 25mm bit and found that the z axis wasn't vertical (in the side to side plane) it was leaving a slanted cut on the bed width ways running down the length as it went. so I took the spindle mount of to see if it could be adjusted and found the holes and counter bores that were there looked like they were done free hand by a blind guy. The centres of the main holes were about 5mm of there target that they had scored on to the mount and then the counter bores for the head of the bolts were not even vaguely close to being centred with the smaller holes and they had just been done with a normal drill bit as you could see the taper at the bottom still! so a half hours work with the dremel to try and sort the counter bores I got to what I thought was the z axis vertical.

However

I then re levelled the bed and for the first part it came out great however then over the last 1/3 of the table the steps slowly came back but how! we re levelled the table again and exactly the same happened!

if it was the rails that were bent it should still be smooth even if not flat, how can one side be ok then go out on the other side it doesn't seam to make sense

sorry I haven't provided any pictures I will get a few when I go to the work shop today.

Difficult to help without more information and specific questions, but perhaps it was not help you were looking for, just wanted to express your frustration. Well, I feel your pain and feel sorry for you.

Regarding the spindle, I remember having seen something similar on CNC Zone and that issue as far as I remember was solved by Mactec4, so I suggest you look up that conversation. I can't give you a direct link, since I don't remember exactly, but if you can't find it you can always ask Mactec for help.

I hope you get it solved.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post

I then re leveled the bed and for the first part it came out great however then over the last 1/3 of the table the steps slowly came back but how! we re levelled the table again and exactly the same happened!

if it was the rails that were bent it should still be smooth even if not flat, how can one side be ok then go out on the other side it doesn't seam to make sense
    Check your rails to see how strait they are and from the info i got the bed is made from pvc so it may be warped.

Cheers yes a lot of frustration, it shows its never worth going for the cheap China option.

I have spoken to the chap on CNC zone but not been able to sort it I'm now lead to believe that the vfd may already Maxed out.

Had more issues yesterday doing very odd stuff!

The bed is aluminum with a spoil board on top. The rails on the y axis are supported round rails, we havnt yet been able to measure them but what is odd is that if the rail were bent you would elect the table to be smooth and follow that curve rather than being smooth fort the first half and then havnt angled cuts for the second, sorry I forgot to take a picture of the fault will do so next time.

Many parts are cast, so thats why the holes are off centre.

These Chinese things need urgent controller change for sth better. As that is the very nest of problems on any machine, the unstable controller.

Spindles and VFd normally are Not a problem. Most VFDs have a Voltage input adjustment so it make regulating RPM very easy. All must be properly grounded also or you will never get stable RPMs

Obviously all should be properly aligned and centered as i wouldn't trust a cheap machine has that right. meanwhile Locktite on all possible parts so to avoid future problems.

Start with posting model of VFD here, i or others may help.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

I would totally agree however its not my machine so hard to do to much. There is a lot I would do to it, add limit switches, replace the board and change to Mach 3 from nc studio, change the z axis and there are no barring blocks on the ball screw! Etc ect

How hard is it to change the board? at the moment I think it will only allow us to use nc studio so changing it would probably solve multiple problems I expect! but this sort of thing is not my strong point.

The pic of the motor mount plate is bellow not sure if it was cad or not but you can see how shocking the holes are and no its not the camera angle making it look worse it was that bad!

The vfd is hl3000-25-t I have a manual I was given I will add the link. A chap on cnc zone has been trying to help but no luck yet, I'm not sure its us doing something wrong or the setting at the moment we have tried all sorts.

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...5GUjQnN2_s6Odx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170309_175453.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	21079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170227_120305.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	21080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170227_122158.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	21081  
    Last edited by charlieuk; 12-03-2017 at 09:33 PM.

I remember now, the other thread about the manual.

So now is MODBUS connected? Bahh, then thats the problem, combine shady BOB and connect it using Modbus and chinglish software and manual and....

For me is a no brainer. DDCSV1 controller for 150 euro, no Mach# or 4 PCs etc., connect to VFD , via analogue voltage control and voilaaaa.

yes its that one! sorry I'm not 100% sure eactly what Modbus is/does. I will try take a few more pics of the wiring when I'm next there.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    I would totally agree however its not my machine so hard to do to much. There is a lot I would do to it, add limit switches, replace the board and change to Mach 3 from nc studio, change the z axis and there are no barring blocks on the ball screw! Etc ect

How hard is it to change the board? at the moment I think it will only allow us to use nc studio so changing it would probably solve multiple problems I expect! but this sort of thing is not my strong point.

The pic of the motor mount plate is bellow not sure if it was cad or not but you can see how shocking the holes are and no its not the camera angle making it look worse it was that bad!

The vfd is hl3000-25-t I have a manual I was given I will add the link. A chap on cnc zone has been trying to help but no luck yet, I'm not sure its us doing something wrong or the setting at the moment we have tried all sorts.

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...5GUjQnN2_s6Odx
    Don't start changing anything without knowing that it must be changed and that it solves the problems. It may however help if you'd install a trial version of Mach3 and run that as well. Are you using Modbus to set the set the spindle speed? Are you sure that VFD is a real Modbus capable VFD? Most cheap Chinese VFD are NOT real Modbus. The manual pages are just lousy scanned picture, not pdf, so you must read every word, can not search. It also seems incomplete because the communication is not described. So, if you run Modbus I would suggest to go back to basic digital control, in fact, start with manual control from the control panel. Take the next step when that works.

Could that be that spindle is only controlled by the buttons? Then thats easy, i can look at manual and tell you the things that has to be changed from default to what values. But the Rj grey cable where it goes? The telephone like cable? Thats the Modbus. But in manual i dont see modbus control. Where goes that grey flat cable???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information