. .

Thread: Advice please

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    With the same 100 step/mm setting, try a move of 16mm and see how far the motor itself turns.
    I'm getting multiple turns from 16mm! Lol it still hasn't stopped yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
    Just thinking of possibilities:

Are you sure it only rotated 1/4 turn? Not 1 1/4 or 2 1/4 etc,
    as you previous test seems to indicate too much rotation not too little i.e moves 267mm instead of 50mm.

Also are you sure the leadshine driver pictured (1600 steps/rev) is the one driving that motor?
    Could one of the others be driving it and have different microstepping settings?
    All motor switches are the same apart from Z

With the same 100 step/mm setting, try a move of 16mm and see how far the motor itself turns.
    Ok I'm getting 1 revolution on the small pinion attached to motor. @ 16mm movement with 100spr

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Ok I'm getting 1 revolution on the small pinion attached to motor. @ 16mm movement with 100spr
    So that tells us the microsteps are correct, as with those settings and distance, the controller is sending 1600 steps.

Are you sure the 18:90 gearing is correct for the pulleys?
    And everything is moving smoothly and not stalling?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

So that tells us the microsteps are correct, as with those settings and distance, the controller is sending 1600 steps.

Yeah everything runs lovely, i will count them again to make sure 2 mins

Yep, defiantly 18 teeth on motor side and 90 teeth on large pulley to pinion

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Yep, defiantly 18 teeth on motor side and 90 teeth on large pulley to pinion
    In that case it is definitely a 5:1 ratio, so with the 100 step setting, the big pulley should turn once with a move of 80mm (16x5).

Once that's confirmed, work out the tooth pitch. Measure over as many teeth as you can, then divide your measurement by the number of teeth you've measured over, then multiply by the number of teeth on the pinion (23).
    Then that will give the distance one revolution of the pinion should give.

Then divide 8000 (number of steps for one revolution), by that distance, which should give you the correct steps per mm.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

I've just done a movement with your settings 86.0215 and it moves 55 mm when asking it to move 50. So I'm nearly there.

Last time I think I mucked up

Deleted as no longer relevant
    Last edited by Greeny; 18-03-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks for all your help guys, ive managed to dia it in. Completely my fault i think. managed to get it within 1mm and fine tuned it with mach3 settings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information