. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Eding CNC provides 0-10v and a tool option.

http://www.edingcnc.com/upload/files...flyer_tech.pdf

screenshot of the VFD section http://prntscr.com/eltm6t

Pins screenshot http://prntscr.com/eltme8

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm going to assume that where the manual says Tool Output, it means there is an output that gets switched to turn the spindle on?

If it is, then the quickest option would be to select one side of VFD speed inputs, connect it to the Tool Output, and connect the VFD CM to Eding Gnd/0V.
    Probably best to power up the VFD, and test this by connecting one of the speed wires, to the CM wire, and making sure the spindle starts. The VFD will most likely need to be powered up, before you make the connection, or it won't run. (it will depend on how the VFD is configured, as to whether it will run the motor immediately on power up)

To get speed control, you'd need to wire the FWD terminal to the Tool Output, VC2 to the 0-10V output, and then join CM to GND/0V.
    I'm not sure if you'll have to change any settings in the VFD to get that working, but try it and see. If it doesn't work, make sure you are getting 0-10V at the terminals, and the Tool Output is switching. If you put a multimeter set to volts over the FWD/CM terminals, it should show a voltage with the spindle turned off (I'd guess it should be around 12V, but may vary depending on the VFD. It should certainly be higher than a couple volts), then when you switch the spindle on, it should drop to near zero volts.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Cheers i will give that a pop and let you know

Ok so when I put, X2 onto CM the VFD starts to spin up, however the spindle does not move and then I get an error code of FU.01 and it shuts down

https://youtu.be/VRlPxEhJO_E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by D-man; 19-03-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    At least we're getting somewhere.

Does the spindle spin by hand?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Better than just listening to the fan spindle spins by hand yeah, but no life in her when touching her terminals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why use the Stepped speeds at all if have speed control.?

To me it should simply be case of using an output to either switch FWD to CM or control relay whose contacts switch FWD to CM.

Then put +10v from eding to VC2 and 0v to Gnd.
    Next set parameter f0.1 =5 and f0.4=1

To me that should get you going.?

What would be the best way to wire that up then, you saying I need a relay?

should i turn the speeds off and just use FWD?

Is this what you mean mate?

Last edited by D-man; 19-03-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information