. .
  1. #1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	21152

    A syil power drawbar. Couldn't find a suitable one given the space. Thought you might be interested in how this turned out. Works really well.
    Shout if you want access to the CAD files.

    Best,

    Pete

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by petemilligan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	21152

    A syil power drawbar. Couldn't find a suitable one given the space. Thought you might be interested in how this turned out. Works really well.
    Shout if you want access to the CAD files.

    Best,

    Pete
    Hi Petemilligan and welcome to the forum. Would you mind put some more pics up of how it works if it is using spring etc. If possible Thanks
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Hi Petemilligan and welcome to the forum. Would you mind put some more pics up of how it works if it is using spring etc. If possible Thanks
    Sure, Here you go...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1[333].jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	417.9 KB 
ID:	21153

  4. #4
    & Video


  5. #5
    Hi Pete, after the sad demise of my coventry easy change adaptor, im now looking at other quick change tool syatems for the Syil. I dont suppose you still have the cad files?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Benja View Post
    Hi Pete, after the sad demise of my coventry easy change adaptor, im now looking at other quick change tool syatems for the Syil. I dont suppose you still have the cad files?
    I do. Using Fusion?

    Pete

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to petemilligan For This Useful Post:


  8. I am
    .Me

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by petemilligan View Post
    I do. Using Fusion?

    Pete
    Fantastic! :D I am as it goes

    Is it any old butterfly wrentch or a specific brand/type?
    Last edited by Benja; 07-05-2019 at 10:59 PM.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Benja View Post
    Fantastic! :D I am as it goes

    Is it any old butterfly wrentch or a specific brand/type?
    • Standard old butterfly. You have space & might want to beef up the air piston from the small one I have.
    • Find a 12 point socket for the drawbar.
    • Air plumbing (in my case) used 3 air solenoids.
    • The long strip in the design suits a limit switch to start the wrench.
    • Cut an internal relief for the piston clamp
    • Source a couple of linear bearings for the wrench plate travel
    • The bars were silver steel (what I had in stock at the time), they're holding up fine.


    https://a360.co/2J9wMhg

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by petemilligan; 08-05-2019 at 06:13 AM.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by petemilligan View Post
    • Standard old butterfly. You have space & might want to beef up the air piston from the small one I have.
    • Find a 12 point socket for the drawbar.
    • Air plumbing (in my case) used 3 air solenoids.
    • The long strip in the design suits a limit switch to start the wrench.
    • Cut an internal relief for the piston clamp
    • Source a couple of linear bearings for the wrench plate travel
    • The bars were silver steel (what I had in stock at the time), they're holding up fine.


    https://a360.co/2J9wMhg

    Hope this helps.
    Thats very good of you. thank you :) couldnt understand what you meant then for a sec - so a roller type limit switch will start the wrentch as the piston ends it stroke ? I pretty sure ive got it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. syil x4
    By geoff in forum Machine Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30-11-2016, 06:35 PM
  2. KX1 Drawbar too long?
    By mbcx4jrh in forum Sieg Milling Machines
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-09-2016, 04:42 PM
  3. DIY Spindle Drawbar?
    By Chaz in forum Spindles & Drive Motors
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-09-2016, 02:55 PM
  4. Budget Power Drawbar
    By needleworks in forum Milling Machines, Builds & Conversions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-12-2015, 10:36 AM
  5. Warco Drawbar woes...
    By irving2008 in forum Machine Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-12-2008, 11:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •