. .
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I never understood the significance of closed looped steppers at that price point. Plus i pointed already a couple of times in forums where cheapest servos could be bought.

400w AC servo motor could be bought for ~180$ together with drive. JMC motion. 60ASM400 +MCAC808 , not sure of actual prices so have to check. Also they sold the closed loop stepper 3nm motor and 2HSS86H driver for around 130$ . that prices were when you buy 4x. Obviously a PSU must be fashioned. That includes cables so price was great.

So forget about the Leadshine for the moment, there are other players. That was an year ago. Now may be even sth else new on horizon.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I never understood the significance of closed looped steppers at that price point. Plus i pointed already a couple of times in forums where cheapest servos could be bought.

400w AC servo motor could be bought for ~180$ together with drive. JMC motion. 60ASM400 +MCAC808 , not sure of actual prices so have to check. Also they sold the closed loop stepper 3nm motor and 2HSS86H driver for around 130$ . that prices were when you buy 4x. Obviously a PSU must be fashioned. That includes cables so price was great.

So forget about the Leadshine for the moment, there are other players. That was an year ago. Now may be even sth else new on horizon.

Seems to generally be about $220-250 (before postage) to source from china for those? Comes in at around $100 more than the leadshine closed loops per axis from the same sources (which vary from around $120-170 before postage), certainly not bad if they work well.

They are definitely on the cheaper end of what I've seen for servos (400W I've always seen more for $450 ish), are they what you are using? Could be tempting to try out at that price in the name of... science...

Jazz - we'll have to agree to disagree on the usefulness of the closed loop in terms of error, I'm still of the opinion that for certain applications it is nice to have even if not essential. I believe it worked out at around £130ish per axis for me all costs included (although granted the dollar was significantly weaker back then pre-brexit) so a premium of about 40 quid per axis over the setup you are speaking of.

I just want to be clear though, I have absolutely no doubt that the setup you are speaking of is fantastic... I'm sure had I gone with those I would be equally happy. Yet again I am just sharing my experience that I have been very happy with the performance of my easyservo setup, it's up to the individual to decide what features they particularly value.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 29-03-2017 at 06:47 PM.

I'm assuming people are referring to these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-400W-D...8AAOSwsN9XCzyW

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    I'm assuming people are referring to these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-400W-D...8AAOSwsN9XCzyW
    referring to similar as that combo but for 180$ , bought directly from JMC motion.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

These servos look interesting (the SDSK models), price is around $250-$400 per motor, but interestingly they have built in drivers, so all they need is 75V Dc and Step & Dir signals.
    https://www.teknic.com/products/clea.../clearpath-sd/

$319 (~£257) +postage gets you a 4.4nm nema 23 that still gives ~0.9Nm at 2500rpm !!
    https://www.teknic.com/model-info/CPM-SDSK-2331S-RLN/

They have a USB port for diagnostics & tuning and have autotune software to run once installed on the machine.
    I have no idea how effective the autotune is, or how good the motors are but they get generally good reviews on Youtube from our American "cousins".

I must admit to being interested, but at about £300 an axis (with postage, import duty etc), thats more than double an AM882+Nema 23 Stepper!
    Last edited by Greeny; 29-03-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Jazz - we'll have to agree to disagree on the usefulness of the closed loop in terms of error, I'm still of the opinion that for certain applications it is nice to have even if not essential.
    If you paid £130 for genuine Leadshine closed loop inc delivery then you've bought very cheap. I've never seen any that cheap before or after brexit so well done.

We don't actually disagree too much, Closed loop are worth having over Standard steppers if only because of the 3phase 1.2 degree motors but only if there isn't great price difference. £80 or even £50 per axis is too much IMO
    I've actually got 12 sets of closed loop on route to me which will be fitted to routers but this is only because they are larger motors and hardly any price difference between standard motors/drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
    These servos look interesting (the SDSK models), price is around $250-$400 per motor, but interestingly they have built in drivers, so all they need is 75V Dc and Step & Dir signals.
    https://www.teknic.com/products/clea.../clearpath-sd/
    Don't understand why would want drives clattering up down with motors getting covered in shite. Given time can't do them any good. They are great for machines working in clean enviroments like pick n place etc but wouldn't stick them on router or Mill.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Don't understand why would want drives clattering up down with motors getting covered in shite. Given time can't do them any good. They are great for machines working in clean enviroments like pick n place etc but wouldn't stick them on router or Mill.
    Fair point, I suppose it depends on how well they are sealed.
    Not sure i want to spend £300 to find out though

Hi,
    does anyone have experience with HSS86 and/or 2HSS86H drivers?
    http://www.jss-motor.com/product/nem...nd-driver.html
    http://www.jmc-motor.com/products.php?cid=225&id=157
    Is there a tuning software available for these drivers?
    How is the overall quality of these drivers and motors?
    Thanks.

Hello

ive got these as a full setup on my router. bought from Zappautomation and i have never had a problem with them except 2 driver bards burning out but that was my fault with the wiring.

Once i put right board to right power supply all has been faultless and that will be around 5 yrs ago.

i recommend them no problem. Expensive and closed loop but you get what you pay for.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information