. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've been pondering this one whilst building my mini machine. It came to me that V groove bearings (Textile bearings for the UK listeners) are very expensive, so was there an alternative. What i came up with is Patio Door rollers. The track is a reasonable cost too. Size is about right and most are double bearing. Also you could look at gate closing systems. Have gander and see if you agree.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

I've seen something similar where the guy cast his own housings for the bearing. i think what i am looking at here though kip is something off the shelf at a reduced cost. By the time you buy bearings and fashion the housings the cost is higher unless you can afford bulk? good idea though

3. Very pretty Kip.... care to enlighten us on how that works?

Kip did you cast with plaster over polystyrene molds in the sand?

I'm not that versed, seen it, been around it, never tried it. Keep thinking about it but like you too much work not enough time to play. I'm constantly robbing time, hope it works out better for you

Good man, try try again is what my mum always said. My dad says open another tinny and pay somebody else lol

hi guys, any ideas on suppliers where you can get these patio door bearings from perhaps?

Hi just look on fleabay for 'patio door rollers'. the ones i was looking at were the double encased type.

Why be so complicated, look at this website for a really easy to build, cheap and accurate DIY system:-
    http://buildyourcnc.com/default.aspx
    This guy is a genius and he gives the design away for anyone with time to read.....as well as selling the bits as well if you want to buy!!

thought id bring this post alive... been looking at vgroove bearings... mmm ebay is the cheepest really. the site above is good but want silly money for the postage from us... now on ebay same price around 90 quid.. but only 10 dollers or so for delivery... patio door rollers cheap here>> http://www.easylocks.co.uk/easylocks...rs-p-3966.html, but the correct track is 40 pound a length... talking 5x 2.4m lengths for an 8x4 machine...
    so i think v bearings arent as dear as we think... unless patio rollers could be used with something else as track...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information