. .
    Hi all,

I’m planning to start a business in Toronto. I want to keep my client details as well as my employee's details secure. I’m looking for transferring the important documents in the cloud that won’t be easily accessible or hackable. I found a blog (https://www.unipointsoftware.com/blo...uments-online/) which explains a few ways to secure the data without getting hacked. I need some suggestions to keep my network and devices safe. One of my friends advised me to contact cyber security experts to this work for us. Has anyone tried saving data online? What are the safety measures you implemented to secure it? Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Hi all,

I’m planning to start a business in Toronto. I want to keep my client details as well as my employee's details secure. I’m looking for transferring the important documents in the cloud that won’t be easily accessible or hackable. I found a blog (https://www.unipointsoftware.com/blo...uments-online/) which explains a few ways to secure the data without getting hacked. I need some suggestions to keep my network and devices safe. One of my friends advised me to contact cyber security experts to this work for us. Has anyone tried saving data online? What are the safety measures you implemented to secure it? Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.
    OK, I think you are on the wrong forum... This forum is not about data security.

However, I assume you are not starting a HUGE business so why keep everything in cloud and not locally? What is the benefit? Global access? That can be solved by other solutions as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A_Camera For This Useful Post:

I will answer you.

First of all keep all locally in a network server, wired, not WIFI. Meaning a couple of hardrives in a box. Make a metal enclosure or buy PC security enclosure with cooling and bot that somewhere. Encrypt hard drive and use privileges so different people have different access level. You personally make a copy of the drive every week at a certain time and make that your habit.Of course on an encrypted hard drive and keep that at home, not at work. Again-dont use stupid pass words, better use pass phrase of at least 20-30 letters. Nobody could ever brake that. Ever.

Thats all.

Get payed version of Last pass and keep all work passwords under your control, talking about emails and so on. use Google for business and make email for each person. Keep all that data in Last Pass from where you could give access for certain time to each password, when sb needs it. Say i am maintaining your website. With last pass you can give me access for a day, i do the job and then that pass expires. I have never even seen your real web site password.

Thats all. And make copies now and then. Dont write your password on the bottom of your drawer, at the back of your wife's picture, at the painting hanging in your office and dont use GOD for pass word. Use pass phrase with additional symbols. learn a prase in Russian, write it in English and nobody will ever brake that pass. Just dont forget it...
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 30-03-2017 at 12:35 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I will answer you.

First of all keep all locally in a network server, wired, not WIFI. Meaning a couple of hardrives in a box. Make a metal enclosure or buy PC security enclosure with cooling and bot that somewhere. Encrypt hard drive and use privileges so different people have different access level. You personally make a copy of the drive every week at a certain time and make that your habit.Of course on an encrypted hard drive and keep that at home, not at work. Again-dont use stupid pass words, better use pass phrase of at least 20-30 letters. Nobody could ever brake that. Ever.

Thats all.

Get payed version of Last pass and keep all work passwords under your control, talking about emails and so on. use Google for business and make email for each person. Keep all that data in Last Pass from where you could give access for certain time to each password, when sb needs it. Say i am maintaining your website. With last pass you can give me access for a day, i do the job and then that pass expires. I have never even seen your real web site password.

Thats all. And make copies now and then. Dont write your password on the bottom of your drawer, at the back of your wife's picture, at the painting hanging in your office and dont use GOD for pass word. Use pass phrase with additional symbols. learn a prase in Russian, write it in English and nobody will ever brake that pass. Just dont forget it...
    Thanks @Boyan Silyavski for clearing my doubt. I'll try to implement as you said.

Thread Information