. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in dublin, Ireland. Last Activity: 18-12-2023 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 23. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    okay hello again everyone.

I totally cheated and bouhgt a fully functioning 8x4 router table. However! The table itself isnt suitable, so I'm building an entitely new table, so this is still a build log.

Table can bee seen here. It ran like crap when i got it but replaced some of the bearings and now its pretty smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWW7bVzlkNE

Warwick I'm going one bigger than 80mm and building it from 100x100x6.5 box iron, this fugger will not flex.
    Also it doesn't have to be elaborate, since this metal is just hugely strong. I intend this to be the shape, just very very very simple

So I'm going to transplant the Y axis rails, the Y axis ballscrew and then the gantry onto the new table.

My current notion to chew over is the Z axis. I'm going to cut the router mount off the carriage and bolt on a plate. Then I have to think about what lifter to use.

If anyone has suggestions for a lifter and THC they like im all ears. Going to be using a machine torch and hypertherm powermax 45.
    Last edited by ned; 22-05-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Thread Information