. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by dachopper View Post
    The G540, is designed to run Active high , not Active low. So if I follow UCCNC instructions and set Direction to Active low, it means while the Direction may have reversed, the G540 is telling the Z axis to stop / go on the wrong side of the pulse from UCCNC software - as someone else said, it could create missed steps at the end of a direction change, and lots of them = lots of errors.
    To clarify, in case anyone else is reading this, step signals and dir signals are two very different things. Generally, step signals must be active high because that is what drivers generally need as they trigger on the rising edge of each step pulse. Dir signals are not pulses. The dir signal will be high all the time that the axis is going in one direction, and low for the other direction. What the motion controller does not know, when you first set up the machine, is whether high or low will make the motor turn, say, clockwise. That depends on how the motor is wired. First thing you do when you start configuring is see if the axis goes the right way and if not, change dir active high to active low. Perfectly normal, perfectly usual. There is no "right" setting for dir active low/high - it depends on the machine. Swap motor wires, swap active high to low - same thing done different ways.

As for this pulse frequency discussion - I don't follow the argument.

CAM tolerance - haven't pushed my machine to the point where this matters so have not looked into it at all, although I am doing more F360 CAM these days.

Regarding the CAM tolerance, it's less about the machine, and more about the fact that you design a part of dimension X, and then after cutting end up with dimension y

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information