Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post

The questions " what printer for 300$" "What printer for less than 250$" and so on are the main reason i stopped to participate in any printing Facebook group. It ridiculous. To me it sounds like" I want a Ferrari, i see people are driving them, what model for around 3000$? " . or i want a CNC that cuts Aluminum, "which one for 500 quid?"

I was accustomed to bash people here for the CNC question, but at printing forums all jumped against me, when i say anything less than 700 is crap/ which it is/ . So i just stopped educating them on bearings and stuff. Just make the math. Hiwin 12 bearings for 3d printer are 250$, the cheapest sensible board is 130$, aluminum profile is 50$, even Chinise Hiwin copy is 150$ and Good round rails and bearings are 150$ and more. So how do you make a 150$ printer? using crap parts of course. Good boards and drivers are at least 180$, the good ones like Duet are around 300.

IT gets better...let make a 4 axis CNC with two drives off one set of pins....can't save everyone