. .
    Hi there,

I am considering diving into the sign shop business here around me as i start to need some more serious income. Basically what i am thinking is find all small similar businesses around me that dont have machining capabilities and connect with them, then eventually going on street shop leve opening office or workshop.

So apart from what they will need exactly and from my experience, doing the occasional sign for a small business from wood or Forex, i am wondering what exactly to aim so i offer some basic services.

My big problem is that i can do so many things and am no specialized in one only. So its difficult for the people on local level to grasp what exactly offer.

So i am thinking the backbone of all this to be signs from Foam, Forex and Wood. Apart fabricating the structure and mounting them on the premises.

I have to start from somewhere, so any advice here? Any advice on what exactly i offer as basic products and how to structure the whole thing?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Lives in Pakenham, Melbourne, Australia. Last Activity: 22 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 214. Received thanks 34 times, giving thanks to others 300 times.
    Hi Boyan,

Last week I was looking for some acrylic "off-cuts" to make some modified hand router sub-bases and discovered this business in my neck of the woods down-under. Apart from making signs and the like, they include cut-to-size and CNC-machining in the services they offer. One never knows, you may get some ideas from their website: http://www.showcaseplastics.com.au/cnc-routing-service/

Good luck,
    Andy

Yes, i have been looking into similar, but i was thinking to avoid electric signs for the moment and more to specialize in not illuminated signs so i can complement existing businesses and take some work from them. Have been looking into hard polyurethane foam signs.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Thread Information