Hi everyone
I have joined here and am looking for a 4 or 5 axis cnc enthusiast with a passion for accurate hardwood routing on a small basis.
The reason for asking is because I am trying to create a hardwood carved model of an old roman temple and this project is turning into a bit of a labour of love.
I have been in contact with academics and researching old texts to get the dimensions spot on and this is nearly there so it will soon be time to CAD the model. I do know the process is CAD – CAM – CNC and before getting the CAD made I wondered if anyone would like to become involved with the project so that your input could be put into the CAD to get the possible design for your CNC at the end. (for example break the model into the best component parts for CNCing)
It really is a special project, but it’s the kind of object to be proud of rather than a commercial cut or build. It would be a great test of cnc routing abilities and if it was good enough it might well be displayed formally in the future.
In terms of funds I would of course supply all the wood and could try and contribute to the labour but ideally would really like to work with someone who just likes making beautiful objects as a test of their skill and for the pleasure of it. That is why I got involved and why all those who have helped so far have got involved. If I had the ability and tools I would love to have a go myself but I know my limitations !
If you would like any further details please do let me know.* Would be great to hear from you. I’m based around Bromley/London.
Happy CNCing !
Thanks
David