. .
    Hi I'm from the Midlands and I'm here to build some cnc machines ;) Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Like a lot of you my interests in cnc started when I built a reprap 3d printer I could already cad and seeing you're creations brought to life you immediately want more lol. I'm sure whatever machine you have you want a bigger one ;)

I'm building it on a crazy low budget if I told you, you wouldn't believe me lol. The cutting area will be 1.2m*0.6m and ply, mdf & aluminium are the goals. I will be mounting a milling head but also looking at a router mount as well simply because I have a brand new router I was given for free. If what I build is better than an xcarve I will be a happy man.

I will do a build log as I put the machine together, I also decided not to cad the machine out for my build the exception will be the mounting plates for the bearings to aluminium extrusion for the x axis and the z axis.

Welcome,

Sounds like you've got a plan, that's always a good start :)
    .Me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Thanks, I do have a plan but it's dynamic ;)

I started a thread best to jump straight into this after all, the quicker I start the earlier the parts from China can be ordered because I know going to need parts from China lol.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area

Thread Information