. .
Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Would be good to see a "how to" video or sequence when making Fusion renders - I can do basic stuff and have done some assemblies but nothing this good ;)
    I'm still learning fusion I imported the model from turbocad but I'm comfortable enough now to make every part in this just not assemble it yet lol once I crack the assembly I'll have a proper look at rendering.

I have the autodesk getting started pdf's including section on rendering can't find the link I got it from now but PM us you email and I'll email it you.

6 meg so won't let me upload here.

I have 5 years+ experience in turbocad which has helped take the edge off the learning curve but it's still a curve lol.

Personally couldn't get on with the videos but with a dual monitor setup would be ok, I downloaded the pdf onto tablet so I could have 2 screens. I found PDF's easier though and the PDF's are just written versions of the video tutorials.

I do have a 2nd monitor but it's going in the arcade table but I might borrow it temporarily ;) I ordered a few tutorials to be getting on with mostly to do with component assemblies, sculpting, simulation & making models for injection molding. So will need to a decent solution to learn from videos.

Be nice to do high quality renders but for what I do the renders would be more for me, like a lot of you renders look nice but the CNC machine doesn't give a shit about that lol.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 29-09-2017 at 08:33 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Good to see you're getting into the swing of things with fusion.

The adaptive machining is invaluable... yesterday I was whizzing around with a 10mm roughing cutter at 2000mm/min and 10mm Depth of Cut - unthinkable with conventional machining strategies and such a relatively flimsy machine.
    I haven't looked at the CAM yet I wanted to get to about the same standard in Fusion as I was in Turbocad first so I'm comfortable editing models but interesting to read ;)

I think TBF on turbocad this is a properly set up render

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	advanced-architectural-2d-drafting-and-3d-design.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	22891

I think it's pretty bloody good for a cad render.

e2a fusion can create some nice shots with little effort

Name:	router1.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	405.3 KB 
ID:	22892
    Last edited by Desertboy; 29-09-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Finally got it on my big dug benchs, almost like they were made for the router ;)

I'm going to have 1 continuous piece of ply under the router and MDF as the bed inside the frame on the supports.

I need the continuous piece for the vac bed, it will be slightly framed out so I can suck evenly across the bed.

Name:	router table.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	526.7 KB 
ID:	22910

Just need to cut a piece of chipboard for a shelf and I can start wiring up finally but not going to have much time till next week.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 02-10-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Are those benches from rapid racking lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDoran View Post
    Are those benches from rapid racking lol
    Big Dug benches, I've had them years so long I forgot I had them lol, they're rated for 400kg's each shelf so not worried there but these would be an expensive way to get bench for the machine if I had to buy them new.

I bought only the metal frame and bought the ply locally which was a lot cheaper than buying the kits but it still cost me £110 for both of them I could frame it out with extrusion cheaper than that but I have the benches so will use them for now.

At some point though I want the benches back so will need to source a more permanent solution.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,729. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    My only concern with those benches is that they will take the weight fine, but once that gantry starts moving about, there's a lot of force trying to move the benchtop in the opposite direction. I have similar Big Dug racking, which is fine once bolted to the wall in a few places, and my old router sat on a similar bench. Might need a bit of diagonal bracing to resist the movement?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    My only concern with those benches is that they will take the weight fine, but once that gantry starts moving about, there's a lot of force trying to move the benchtop in the opposite direction. I have similar Big Dug racking, which is fine once bolted to the wall in a few places, and my old router sat on a similar bench. Might need a bit of diagonal bracing to resist the movement?
    These are going to be a temporary measure but I can bolt them to the wall pretty easy if I move them to a different place in the unit.

I was going to sit the router on a sheet if ply which I'll drill into the bench tops as well. I need this sheet for my vac bed, clamps will make me want to murder someone lol.

Diagonal bracing hmmm, if they end up being used longer than I want I will consider it, but I would like to recover the benches for drill press and work areas and getting a cnc is only the start of the puzzle lol.

My Titan drill press is not what you would call professional lol.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 04-10-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Name:	electrics.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	515.1 KB 
ID:	23020

Had a bit of time today so thought I'd start on the wiring but realised I'm missing 2 of the power input connectors on the stepper drivers, does anyone know what they are called?

Not going to try and cram the transformer in after all would be tight in the case and I would worry about heat, got loads of space under the router more than enough for everything.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 12-10-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Had a bit of time today so thought I'd start on the wiring but realised I'm missing 2 of the power input connectors on the stepper drivers, does anyone know what they are called?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lead...530226703.html
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Nice once Clive ;) but I don't want to wait that long just trying to ID them from Rapid online catalogue.

Hoping I can get them by Saturday so I can finish the wiring over the weekend have been busy last couple of weeks and she's so close to cutting now.

The drivers have 3 plug in sockets, 2 of my drivers are missing all the plugs, 1 of my drivers has 2 6 pin plugs but missing the 2 pin, the last driver has all 3 plugs.

e2a
    I think this is one set of 6 (P1)
    https://www.rapidonline.com/truconne...3-81mm-21-3094

Pretty sure the 2 pin plug is not needed for my application.

the other 6 pin (p2) I think is this one
    https://www.rapidonline.com/truconne...-pitch-21-2844

Will try locally if I can't get them then will buy from rapid sure I can cut down a 6 pin to a 2pin if needed (Same pitch & profile)

e2a just ordered from rapidonoline as they don't have locally, got some CY cable as I was short so will have to wait for delivery but hopefully by Monday.

I assume I can use 2 core 0.5mm flexible cable from wilkos for wiring the AM882 drivers to the BOB?
    Last edited by Desertboy; 12-10-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information