. .
Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDoran View Post
    Thats what i meant return the card if it doesn't work :D
    It was £2 (delivered) for the PCI card lol got PC this morning, just set it up and installing windows 7, then we'll see if the GFX card works with fusion 360.

Still waiting on my 1.5mm CY cable for the spindle (Didn't order enough last time) will be tomorrow.

Itching to get it working, but got 1/2 of it wired now, really need to sort the limit switches out but need to machine to work so I can manufacture the parts (Out of aluminium obviously) as I need to guarantee repeatability for my plan to work.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 23-10-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    It was £2 (delivered) for the PCI card lol got PC this morning, just set it up and installing windows 7, then we'll see if the GFX card works with fusion 360.

Still waiting on my 1.5mm CY cable for the spindle (Didn't order enough last time) will be tomorrow.

Itching to get it working, but got 1/2 of it wired now, really need to sort the limit switches out but need to machine to work so I can manufacture the parts (Out of aluminium obviously) as I need to guarantee repeatability for my plan to work.
    Ah ok haha.

I just semi-finished wiring again for the second time, Proximity sensors i had were NPN & not PNP. What are the parts like? I could 3D Print temporary ones for you.

Alex

Little bit more done today, limit switches are fitted directly into the aluminium extrusion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171031_152227.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	278.7 KB 
ID:	23122 You can just see the red microswitch at the end of the energy chain a Hiwin carriage triggers it, there's identical switch on the other side in same position.

Name:	IMG_20171031_152237.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	23123 And just under the bolt in the energy is the other switch only one bolt at moment need to find a 5mm piece of aluminium so I can fit the 2nd bolt but the edge is tight against the Hiwin rail so it's solid.

I drilled them tapped the holes, very happy how they came out. There is no Z axis switch yet will rebuild the Z axis so they will be added then.

Power supply is ready to be hooked up to the AM882's

Name:	IMG_20171031_152340.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	319.0 KB 
ID:	23124

AM882's now have all the stall protection wired in

Name:	IMG_20171031_152325.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	23125

The PC to control this now has windows 7 and Fusion 360 on it, and a parallel pci card installed. Wiring is in the energy chain just need to connect everything up, earth the spindle and connect solder that up and we can get it running.

Need to get some wiring for microswitch just going to use cheap 2 core a junction box to split the power from the home built PSU to 4 steppers and some connector plugs will pick up on way to work tomorrow.

How should I connect the CY cable to the nema cable, soldering or connectors?
    Last edited by Desertboy; 31-10-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Looks ace mate good progress! Is there anything special needed in order to enable stall protection on the drivers? I have the same ones but only have them wired normally at the moment, remember seeing in the manual that it said it only works above 300RPM.

I soldered my CY cable to the motor wiring, make it easier for me as i was going 8 wires into 4.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDoran View Post
    Looks ace mate good progress! Is there anything special needed in order to enable stall protection on the drivers? I have the same ones but only have them wired normally at the moment, remember seeing in the manual that it said it only works above 300RPM.

I soldered my CY cable to the motor wiring, make it easier for me as i was going 8 wires into 4.

Alex
    Just wire the output to the emergency input on your controller board then if it's missing a step the machine shuts down. You can see it's the 2 wires for stall protection next to the direction outputs on the AM882's.

On my controller I had to wire them to a connector and then to the emergency input on my BOB as I have to cram 4 wires into 1 emergency socket, it's worse for the ground I have to cram at least 7 wires into 1 lol.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 01-11-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Quickie question, I'm sure this is ok

I have 3 microswitches at moment 2 on the Y axis (Dual ballscrew) and 1 on the X axis, I want to wire from the Y axis microswitch to the 1 of the X Axis microswitches in series and then to the BOB X input and the other Y axis switch to the Y input is this ok?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 55 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Quickie question, I'm sure this is ok

I have 3 microswitches at moment 2 on the Y axis (Dual ballscrew) and 1 on the X axis, I want to wire from the Y axis microswitch to the 1 of the X Axis microswitches in series and then to the BOB X input and the other Y axis switch to the Y input is this ok?
    I would keep the Y switches on the there own inputs . Can you sketch a circuit of what you intend to do?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

If I understand you correctly it would work but you will only be able to home one axis at a time.. this is something I think about aswell for my build.
    The way I think I'm gonna go is with one more bob to get inputs to use them separately :)

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

Got the limit switches wired up and the Y axis limit switch cable fed through the energy chain which meant removing it, it's a very tight fit ;)

Spent ages on little bits like making sure the CY cable is well supported, cabling is fed nice and neatly back to the control box.

Also spent 2 hours stripping some copper radiator water cooling units from a massive control box going to keep one to cool my spindle and sell one they're chunky things.

Going to go back in an hour and see if I can get the CY cable and spindle cable on tonight and move the PC down and connect up the power, etc. So tomorrow morning I can start playing, need to think about where to mount my VFD and copper rad.

Go-go desertboy! :D

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread Information