. .
Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    What are they? I first thought they were radiators I have 2 of them, when I stripped them off they were full of water. Came from a large controller box for automated machinery, also recovered a 75amp 3phase RF filter box.

Attachment 23126
    Attachment 23129
    Just a pure guess but they could be part of the supply for an inductive heating setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Just tought of something..
    I'd you have the limitswitch like that and get some overshoot you will crush the switch ;)
    I.e if the machine is on a rampage and go full speed into the side.. If you have the switch in a way so the machine will only touch the trigger but pass the housing of the switch it should stop in a few mm :D

Make any sense?

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk
    Yes that's a good point but the microswitches are cheap and hopefully will reduce the damage when 4mm later the gantry mount crashes into the BK12 fitting lol, I'll see what happens when I start running it I guess.

Should order a selection of button and lever microswitches so I have spares to play with only got 1 left at moment unless I rob the tat off the printer but they're just shit.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Yes that's a good point but the microswitches are cheap and hopefully will reduce the damage when 4mm later the gantry mount crashes into the BK12 fitting lol, I'll see what happens when I start running it I guess.

Should order a selection of button and lever microswitches so I have spares to play with only got 1 left at moment unless I rob the tat off the printer but they're just shit.
    I'm wrestling with the pros and cons of different mountings of limits myself. Don't want to loose to much precious travel and don't want to cheap out so a crash will destroy something :)

Because a crash or eleven will happen :D

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

Almost, almost there switches are wired to the BOB now, I've took power from the PSU case to a connector block then split it 4 ways to the AM882's.

Quick question my AM882's the power in is marked AC for both inputs which one is the + and which one the -?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	am882.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	612.4 KB 
ID:	23130

I'm using DC obviously.

I have my water cooling feeds in/out installed, just got to connect the motors and the spindle and plug her in ;)

e2a Just realised the alarm is wired wrong on mine, manual makes it confusing, will swap them over
    Last edited by Desertboy; 02-11-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Quick question my AM882's the power in is marked AC for both inputs which one is the + and which one the -?
    Doesn't matter in this case - because the power inputs can handle AC or DC, you can connect the DC either way round.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

As Neale has said. But not all AM882 are the same I think you have bought them from different sources so check all of them. I think it is the AM882H that can handle AC or DC and the AM882 is only DC. As usual could be wrong.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    As Neale has said. But not all AM882 are the same I think you have bought them from different sources so check all of them. I think it is the AM882H that can handle AC or DC and the AM882 is only DC. As usual could be wrong.
    You right the AM882 are DC only they discontinued them now in favour of EM806 which I should have bought. Oh well think it'll be ok anyways ;)

Next time going for a stepper motor, encoder, driver combo all round. Expensive but really the only logical choice.

Morning, quick question.

My PSU is in an old PC case when I run power from mains to the PSU can I drill a hole in the pc case add a bolt and nut then use a round terminal to connect the earth from the mains to the pc case to create a ground?

Is this safe? I'm then going to bolt the PC case with the AM882's to the PSU's case so that's grounded and then I can connect the metal RF shielding from the CY cable to the am882's pc case and it's shielded.

does this all sound good?

Also how I understand it I do not ground the CY cable at both ends (In my case at the stepper driver end) is this correct?

Thanks

She's going to move today fingers crossed ;)
    Last edited by Desertboy; 03-11-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    No you have not. That is the beauty of a forum its generally self correcting I certainly need it. and I value your input.

That's true it's a great forum but if you're a know it all kind of guy you better be right lol otherwise you're going to find out about it very soon, the one thing about this hobby is it's always a learning curve no matter where you are on the curve.

At least the PSU works ;)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Power on.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	427.7 KB 
ID:	23132
    Last edited by Desertboy; 03-11-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread Information