. .
Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Hahaha :D

Nick is from greece!

Love the sign

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
    Ah a greecy greek, a batty brit and a saucy swede at least there's no filthy french ;)
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Ah a greecy greek, a batty brit and a saucy swede at least there's no filthy french ;)
    Lol!
    The sign Rocks, the F community approves,haha!!!

I made a simple clamp today, whatever I made it from came from Krypton lol.

We broke 4 drill bits (With cooling, low speed, bosch cobalts) 3 of them brand new and tried drill press, dewalt and snap on cordless to drill the hole.

We made it about 1mm so far lol, will get photo tomorrow but when I find the kryptonite I need to drill the 2 holes I will have a clamp solution but am going to do a vac bed solution as well.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

I made a simple clamp today, whatever I made it from came from Krypton lol.

We broke 4 drill bits (With cooling, low speed, bosch cobalts) 3 of them brand new and tried drill press, dewalt and snap on cordless to drill the hole.

We made it about 1mm so far lol, will get photo tomorrow but when I find the kryptonite I need to drill the 2 holes I will have a clamp solution but am going to do a vac bed solution as well.
    Wtf! :D

Expensive clamp!

I say kill it.
    Kill it with fire

Wtf! :D

Expensive clamp!

I say kill it.
    Kill it with fire

I'm going to ask my engineer mate to drill it he won't charge a lot (Like £5 for both holes) and probably know what it's made of.

I'm going to make a vac bed so the clamps will very rarely be used but it's better to have a clamp and not need it than need a clamp and not have it ;)

Started playing with cam ;)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toolpath.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	23490

But unsure the about anything :) I think it's a case of having a play and lot of scrap wood lol.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 28-12-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Do you like the cam in fusion? Does it feel intuitive?

Do you like the cam in fusion? Does it feel intuitive?

Not tried generating code and running in linuxcnc yet, I don't have the homing switches on yet I did fit one set badly lol so I've decided to put roller type sideways on as someone recommended originally lol. I have the switches just keep snapping drill bits need to get a 3.2mm for the switches.

I feel confused but for most of the build I've been confused it's a feeling I'm getting used to lol. I hadn't realised when i started the build quite how much you're going to have to learn especially Fusion although I'm so glad I did now.

I have just purchased the mock exams for fusion 360 certification (Going to get certified next year just for kicks) you would laugh if you saw how easy they were lol I'm going to be embarrassed if I fail the certification lol but I'd also be surprised.

Linuxcnc also has some great plugins for generating gcode, image2gcode (which is built in) is something I'll have to check out.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 30-12-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Not tried generating code and running in linuxcnc yet, I don't have the homing switches on yet I did fit one set badly lol so I've decided to put roller type sideways on as someone recommended originally lol. I have the switches just keep snapping drill bits need to get a 3.2mm for the switches.

I feel confused but for most of the build I've been confused it's a feeling I'm getting used to lol. I hadn't realised when i started the build quite how much you're going to have to learn especially Fusion although I'm so glad I did now.

I have just purchased the mock exams for fusion 360 certification (Going to get certified next year just for kicks) you would laugh if you saw how easy they were lol I'm going to be embarrassed if I fail the certification lol but I'd also be surprised.

Linuxcnc also has some great plugins for generating gcode, image2gcode (which is built in) is something I'll have to check out.
    I know the confused feeling :D
    There are 200 sidesteps to complete an otherwise straight forward cnc build haha.

The cam bit is something I dont look forward to.
    I know its gonna be a mental battle with lots of rage for my part while the software will be laughing at me ;)

For CAD i actually like solidworks better.. but Im not really good at it yet hehe.. my laptop is not powerful enough to run it without quirks and protest! Will have to invest ;)

I know the confused feeling :D
    There are 200 sidesteps to complete an otherwise straight forward cnc build haha.

The cam bit is something I dont look forward to.
    I know its gonna be a mental battle with lots of rage for my part while the software will be laughing at me ;)

For CAD i actually like solidworks better.. but Im not really good at it yet hehe.. my laptop is not powerful enough to run it without quirks and protest! Will have to invest ;)

What are you intending to control your machine with?

I went with linuxcnc over mach 3 because
    1. I believe in open source
    2. More real time kernal than windows which is important when using a PP BOB. If you're using the BOB I have with Mach 3 you need to run windows 7 or below 32 bit edition. Linuxcnc still needs to be 32 bit edition for PP BOB's.
    3. It's FREE!!!

I worked the assumption that linuxcnc will be more difficult to setup but once working properly neither would have an advantage over the other for a simple router like mine.

Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread Information