. .
Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Another thing that needs charging is not always good either.. If I order myself something like this it will have a cable :)
    But I think I will try xbox 60 or psu controller first.. have those laying about!
    Wife and kids will be away week 11 so I'm hoping, dreaming and drooling about the oppertunity to maybe get time to see some movement from my roaring router :D
    Are you using Mach 3?

A disadvantage of the HB04 controller is it works in user space in Linuxcnc (Or windows) so if the PC crashes you lose control I believe if I have an MPG interfaced to the Mesa board I would still have control after a crash. Won't affect my stop button which I'm wiring so when pressed it knocks out the toroidal transformer and spindle as well as firing a software estop.

That way if the pc has crashed I still lose power to the steppers and spindle.

I need to make the cable to talk to the AM882's I did make one but lost it, I want to set the stall protect to NC.

I found it £10 cheaper from China not going to cry too much lol

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNC-...764949005.html

but £50 is even more tempting
    Last edited by Desertboy; 27-02-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Mesa 5i25 is already in UK and out for delivery ;) That was quick, need to dig out a pc to fit it in now so I can recover the fusion 360 pc to always boot windows and put it in a heated room, with a table, chairs and most importantly a kettle lol.

Once fitted, I will change the ballscrews to 10mm pitch all round and upgrade the nema's to 3nm (or 4) I'm also going to add 2 pieces of angle steel ground flat to the gantry.

Add a home switch for the Z axis and I think I'm pretty much done with Betty so I can actually use her lol.

Just inside a year, next build will try to be a bit quicker lol.

My package just arrived with the 5i25 but I was driven home by the cold it's below freezing where the machine is it's just too bitter at the moment to be setting stuff up.

Seriously cool
    Last edited by Desertboy; 28-02-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5i25.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	23853

;)

Hmm what we have here?

Tap tap,gouh anybody there? Did you put the card in you pc? Any reports? :P

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickhofen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    Hmm what we have here?
    It's a 5i25 PCI card for step generation in Linuxcnc it plugs into PCI slot on the motherboard and then to a standard parallel port BOB so it should be easy to setup with my existing system, you can buy add on breakout boards for the 5i25 so you can get better performance, even servo control. Basically this card gives you 2 parallel ports outputs with go faster stripes lol.

For now though will use with my cheapo BOB, my handwheel came today as well but still flued up been off work all week hopefully will drag myself in tomorrow morning to play.

http://store.mesanet.com/index.php?r...&product_id=55

From what I read on linuxcnc forums this setup should be able to run 50khz per axis no worries which is good enough for me the actual card can get generate mhz per axis but my BOB is the limiting factor also AM882 have a max of 200khz input.

Have you thought about control yet? If you want to try Linuxcnc you can boot it in a Virtual Machine and run it in simulation mode to have a play. Sure Mach 3 must have a similar mode.

More than once I thought about a DDCSV standalone controller but dual homing and the fact that linuxcnc is a very mature, professional environment controller that has over 2 decades of development it's just a no brainer but I want a production machine this year (Either buy one at auction or build one)

In hindsight what I should have done is hooked my reprap 3d printer to the PP BOB and played with my printer from linuxcnc when I was building the router after all it doesn't mater if you crash the printer into itself lol.

another cheap/free way to get control
    Last edited by Desertboy; 02-03-2018 at 08:27 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

Nothing is ever easy grrr, the 5i25 is not working PC won't boot when it's fitted gave up for today as no spare desktop pc to play with but will try another machine but the pci slot definitely works as I had a parallel port card fitted before and working.

from the linuxcnc forums
    There are certain motherboards (maybe about 1/2 a %) that the 5I25 will not work in
    somehow I just know I have one of those 0.5% of motherboards lol hpefully so then it's an easy fix tomorrow when I'm warmer.

The HB04 also came and 4 spindle nuts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hb04.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	23869

Took 5 seconds to connect the hb04 to the test program that comes with linuxcnc and everything works fine, wheel, buttons, etc. But I cannot for the life of me work out how to make it work with linuxcnc itself getting all sorts of errors but then I played with the Mesa and forgot the HB04 for now lol. HB04 problems are to do with joints in linuxcnc if I was using 2.7 it's a lot easier to configure so I will get the mesa to work first then the HB04.

Spindle nuts so I can keep my popular collets fitted in the nuts for rapid tool changing and they're >£10 a nut from UK supplier if I ever need a spare I paid £10 for all 4 from China 8 day delivery.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 03-03-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Spindle nuts so I can keep my popular collets fitted in the nuts for rapid tool changing and they're >£10 a nut from UK supplier if I ever need a spare I paid £10 for all 4 from China 8 day delivery.
    The difference being balance.!!. . . . The Chinese nuts will Kill your spindle PDQ if they are not balanced correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    The difference being balance.!!. . . . The Chinese nuts will Kill your spindle PDQ if they are not balanced correctly.
    How do I tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    How do I tell?
    If out of balance you'll get vibrations.!

Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread Information