. .
Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    I keep forgetting.. did you plan on using separate 5v psu or power it from usb?

If using psu then it looks tight to get that connected there as well...

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    I keep forgetting.. did you plan on using separate 5v psu or power it from usb?

If using psu then it looks tight to get that connected there as well...

The BOB is powered by usb, need to get 12v PSU in there yet ;) If I'm reading the BOB properly it can only be powered by USB unless you solder your own connections. If you have the same BOB get your male to male usb cable now ;) although you can hack something together at a push I originally powered it up with a hacked 4 pin molex (Hard disk power cable) to USB.

I hope the AM882 is a straight swap for the AM882h as I used the broken one as pattern for setting up whilst I'm waiting for the new one.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    The BOB is powered by usb, need to get 12v PSU in there yet ;) If I'm reading the BOB properly it can only be powered by USB unless you solder your own connections. If you have the same BOB get your male to male usb cable now ;) although you can hack something together at a push I originally powered it up with a hacked 4 pin molex (Hard disk power cable) to USB.

I hope the AM882 is a straight swap for the AM882h as I used the broken one as pattern for setting up whilst I'm waiting for the new one.
    Omg what have I missed now!!
    I thought you could supply it with 5v on the connections you connected to the drivers... have you tried that? :D

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Omg what have I missed now!!
    I thought you could supply it with 5v on the connections you connected to the drivers... have you tried that? :D

You need 5v + 12-24v for this bob the 5v can be supplied by the usb or by the bottom right hand terminals marked 5v PC
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    You need 5v + 12-24v for this bob the 5v can be supplied by the usb or by the bottom right hand terminals marked 5v PC
    Yeah that's what I thought but Mr desert seems to say something else? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I have them connected to the dir/pulse +'s for the AM882's is this correct? 5v coming in from usb.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	breakout board.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	326.4 KB 
ID:	23244

All I need to do is supply the AM882's 5v+ to both these pins? It wouldn't matter where it came from.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 24-11-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    I have them connected to the dir/pulse +'s for the AM882's is this correct? 5v coming in from usb.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	breakout board.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	326.4 KB 
ID:	23244
    Looks exemplary ;)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Short answer - no!

Longer answer - the AM882 use an open-collector output. Think of it as being a normally-open switch that closes when there is a fault (like a stall). What you can do is wire them all in parallel and then to the BOB input. I do this with the EM806 on my machine and it works fine.
    I'm not sure about the AM882s, but with the software you can configure the EM806 so the fault output is active when ok (i.e. switched on), and goes inactive on fault (i.e. open circuit). That's how I configured my EM drives, which would allow you to loop through all the fault outputs and create a failsafe circuit.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Yeah that's what I thought but Mr desert seems to say something else? :)

Yes but Mr Desert has not got it working yet
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'm not sure about the AM882s, but with the software you can configure the EM806 so the fault output is active when ok (i.e. switched on), and goes inactive on fault (i.e. open circuit). That's how I configured my EM drives, which would allow you to loop through all the fault outputs and create a failsafe circuit.
    You are probably right about the AM882 also being software-configurable, but it looks as if getting a cable to be able to reprogramme the 882 and making all the configuration software work is another can of worms (judging by the experience of other people). I know it shouldn't be, but I didn't need to use the fine-tune facilities available through software and could manage with just the DIP switch options, so I chose not to change the factory setting for the alarm. That way I avoided any need to play with the configuration software. My thinking in this case was that normally you would be a bit more paranoid about NC connections, but here all the connections are hard-wired inside the box and so rather more reliable than anything going via plugs and sockets and around the machine itself.

Your recommendation is the better one; I chose to use a very slightly inferior option, and one that would be easier for the OP to use. Connecting in the fault outputs at all is a big leap forwards!
    Last edited by Neale; 25-11-2017 at 12:25 AM.

Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread Information