. .
Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Good work, follow rodw with his amendments I think they are correct. Just one point I noticed in the ini file is the z offset I think you have it at 0 it might be better just off 0 so as to not have false triggers.
    Will be doing this morning when I can drag myself back to work, I have no homing switch on the Z so I manually home. Will need to buy bigger energy chain to sort, also need to make a better mounting plate for the energy chain on the Y axis which isn't straight and keeps coming apart. I suppose I can now use the machine to make that bracket but probably just measure, mark and drill.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Very impressed with the cut from the 2 flute 6mm end mill on the laminate I was expecting mega chipping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180121_160915.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	499.5 KB 
ID:	23644

Because I only clamped one side it wasn't even so the white wasn't milled out properly but it was only a test with some scrap so happy how it came out as soon as my clamps come (Ordered 4 toggles clamps going to use 2020 extrusion across the bed instead of steel.)

Name:	IMG_20180121_163608.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	513.8 KB 
ID:	23645

Need to flatten the mdf bed as well, gong to get a 1/2" trend straight router bit to do this as it will be a lot quicker.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Need to flatten the mdf bed as well, gong to get a 1/2" trend straight router bit to do this as it will be a lot quicker.
    Be quicker still with a 50mm https://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/Surface-Trim.html or similar
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

It came so fitted it, think I'll put it sideways on though so I access the flip for changing bits easier.

Name:	dust shoe.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	23648

Had a find ;)

Name:	steel.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	23649

There's 1 more piece to come

60*60*3mm box section steel 2.1m lengths going to use this to upgrade my router so work isn't finished yet lol but it'll take me a few months to raise the money for 25mm Hiwin's, proper R&P for the 2m axis and I want to swap my gantry ballscrew to a 10mm pitch. So plenty of time to play with her for the time being. I'm thinking of taking my gantry and dropping it on a frame made from this. I have loads of 40*40*1.5mm box section I can use for bed supports (Again free, sometimes it pays to pikey everything you see lol even if you sit on it for 3 years)

My favourite price free ;)

This will offset the not free stuff I had to buy lol

ordered a cyclone was going to homebrew but price was too good to bother.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cyclone-P...72.m2749.l2649

and got a vacuum cleaner finally I had 3 2.2kw but wanted something a bit more reasonable to run so gone with a 1.2kw miele with power control can drop it as low as 250w cost free ;)
    Last edited by Desertboy; 22-01-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I noticed that your cy cable to the spindle is not secured in that every time the Z axis moves the cable gets bent at the plug. This is a major fail factor and might destroy the VFD as has happened a few time here. Can you put a supporting bracket from the Z front plate to fix it.
    Last edited by Clive S; 22-01-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I noticed that your cy cable to the spindle is not secured in that every time the Z axis moves the cable gets bent at the plug. This is a major fail factor and might destroy the VFD as has happened a few time here. Can you put a supporting bracket from the Z front plate to fix it.
    Yes I can, I had noticed of course but keep forgetting I actually unsoldered it and tried to sort it out but still ended up the same lol.

Luckily there's a lot of scrap kicking around the yard so sure I can find something to do the job or actually desolder it get the cable in properly and resolder.

I had to wire my control box like 4 times lol this is pretty standard for me although I am getting better each time.

After blowing up a transformer it would be good if I didn't blow up the vfd lol.

Every piece of advice you have given has turned out to be the correct choice so I've learnt to heed your advice lol just wish I'd spoke to you before I ordered my ballscrews.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 22-01-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Been ringing round for quotes on steel and it seems for another £100 and with the steel I already have I could make a frame 3m*1.5m quite comfortably with bed supports (No legs). That started me thinking if I buy another 2* 1.5m of 15mm Hiwin rail I could have the end cuts straight and then butt them together to extend the travel. Then I only need R&P for the now 2.7m axis and probably some motor upgrades and I'm good to go. I might even be able to make some legs out the bits of aluminium left over when I strip Betty or from the 40mm steel. I have 20 1.5m pieces of that again free ;)

But essentially I can convert to an 8*4 for under £1k but only with 15mm hiwin's.

I can get nema 34's for free in fact I gave away ~20 last year, I've said it before and I'll say it again check your local scrap yards it's criminal what's being scrapped ;)
    Last edited by Desertboy; 22-01-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Overnight made my decision Betty's getting upgraded but will take me several months at least, what scares me the most is the rack and pinion for the 3m axis someone on here hasa plasma cutter setup this way they are going to learn to hate me lol.

15mm just seems too crap found 3m 25mm Hiwin's for $600+import tax I think this make sense and sell my 1.2m Hiwin's with ballscrews and motors.

Nema 34 the R&P, use a 4nm nema 23 for the gantry and use my existing gantry. Will need to remake every plate but now I have the machine working that's no biggie.

So to that end I spent this months budget on
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112394613868

Now I need to work out how to fit lol, I have a vague plan of fitting the BK15/BF15 upside down with custom adapters I'll make so it lines up with the existing motor mount for the gantry. I also might need to remake a Z axis plate we shall see.

Im envious of your drive (and time.. most of all time)
    Arent you atleast curious about your current machines limitations and capabilities?
    Understand me correctly now, if you learn more on whats failing on your current build you might get better insight on how to make it better? :)

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Im envious of your drive (and time.. most of all time)
    Arent you atleast curious about your current machines limitations and capabilities?
    Understand me correctly now, if you learn more on whats failing on your current build you might get better insight on how to make it better? :)

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
    It'll take me 3 months to scrounge the parts so plenty of time to work out what I want to change but there's 2 things I already know.

I need more travel 1.8*0.8m at least and I need it to work faster a lot faster:)

Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread Information