. .
Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Am I right in thinking it's pointless to use limit switches if you're only going to wire them to the Estop as the home switches can do the same job? They become useful when fitted to an external override like a latched relay?

Is this correct?
    You are thinking of wireing them to the estop input on the bob only?

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    You are thinking of wireing them to the estop input on the bob only?

at moment yes I have crashed into the side of my machine already lol it's doesn't do a lot just fires a stall protect didn't meant to was see how close I needed to get to the microswitches. Something like Thor you got big issues but with 2nm and AM882's it seems a non issue.

since all my switches with wired NC if the machine fails to stop machines probably crashed and stuck in a loop which is probably extremely rare in linuxcnc.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

at moment yes I have crashed into the side of my machine already lol it's doesn't do a lot just fires a stall protect didn't meant to was see how close I needed to get to the microswitches. Something like Thor you got big issues but with 2nm and AM882's it seems a non issue.

since all my switches with wired NC if the machine fails to stop machines probably crashed and stuck in a loop which is probably extremely rare in linuxcnc.
    I know lots of people trust bob inputs and software and do similar installations like you are planning. It was this forum that made me question this and think more industrial ;)
    But almost all of the time your way will work haha

I know lots of people trust bob inputs and software and do similar installations like you are planning. It was this forum that made me question this and think more industrial ;)
    But almost all of the time your way will work haha

When I got steel things will be different
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

When I got steel things will be different
    Well.. if you use latching relay option that might fuse aswell as software.. you are never totally safe :D

Well.. if you use latching relay option that might fuse aswell as software.. you are never totally safe :D

I'm not even vaguely safe at any one time lol.

Quick question the 12/24v spindle input on my BOB which is + and which is -? I assume left would be - and right +

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	breakout.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	23377

Got a 2nd hand 3d connexion space pilot from Ebay for a good price and condition is excellent it doesn't look or feel like the one I have has ever even been used lol.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBM-3DConn...72.m2749.l2649

Was slightly fiddly to setup as it's not supported by the latest software from 3d connexion but download the legacy software from there site and works 100%, just remember to restart fusion 360 if you install it whilst fusion is open. Lol spent 20 mins before I realised a simple restart of fusion was all that was needed nothing to configure to get it working.

It's weird! But I like it I can see I'm going to get on with it very well but it's going to take a little while to get used to it I can already navigate fusion 360 300% better in 2 mins of using it without trying the trainer yet lol.

Need to work out how to configure the 1-6 buttons as well for most optimal workflow but undo and redo have to be on that list ;)

Quick question the 12/24v spindle input on my BOB which is + and which is -? I assume left would be - and right +
    have you looked under the board on one of those that I have it is printed on the pcb. On mine +ve is third from the cap and -ve is forth. I am talking about the power supply input.
    Last edited by Clive S; 11-12-2017 at 05:08 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    have you looked under the board on one of those that I have it is printed on the pcb. On mine +ve is third from the cap and -ve is forth. I am talking about the power supply input.
    No I didn't before I bolted the BOB to the plate and the plate into the box lol, but I have an identical BOB luckily spare so will check that one ;)

I think its like this

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread Information