. .
Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Stupid question probably but where do I use the circlip that came with the BK12/BF12 fittings? Not seen any decent vids on how to actually assemble the ballscrew & fittings seems easy enough but the circlip is confusing me lol.

I'm guessing the circlip goes the floating end? But could have done with some instructions lol.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 01-09-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Stupid question probably but where do I use the circlip that came with the BK12/BF12 fittings? Not seen any decent vids on how to actually assemble the ballscrew & fittings seems easy enough but the circlip is confusing me lol.

I'm guessing the circlip goes the floating end? But could have done with some instructions lol.
    On the floating end of the screw BF end there is a groove for the circlip that goes on after the bearing. The the BF block will slide on the bearing and should sit about half way in. The reason is so that if the screw expands it can do so at the BF end as the bearing will slide in the block.
    Last edited by Clive S; 01-09-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Assembled a bit more started to think about energy chain placement.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	energy chain.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	556.3 KB 
ID:	22705

Name:	recess.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	537.6 KB 
ID:	22706

there's 2 bolts in the BK12 mounts that bolt into T nuts but 1 of them is counterbored and under the BK12, The A2's are then upside down and bolted from above was difficult to do forgot I meant to change the A2 bore to a captive nut but worked out ok in the end. Every bolt has a non slip washer under it.

Name:	mount.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	651.8 KB 
ID:	22707

Name:	z axis.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	487.5 KB 
ID:	22708
    Last edited by Desertboy; 02-09-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

My AM882'S have being ordered today delivery time is quoted at 7 to 12 working days, so looking at the PSU next.

Does anyone know how the stall protection works? Looking at the manual it sets a pin high until power reset? in which case I could make it work with the Arduino but got a breakout board and a core duo with a parallel port to run linux cnc on.

Went 2nd hand (Cheapest on ebay) of course lol
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Used-AM882...AAAOSwe-FVAS~f

4 of them, 2 reasons this has quick shipping (1-2 weeks) the new ones at ~£65 have 4-6 weeks shipping and well I save almost £70 which will pay nicely for the PSU and buy a couple more breakout boards (£3 each should buy spares).

They offer a year's warranty which is pretty much worthless lol but I bet they'll be fine for many years to come unless my wiring is dodgy. Going to solder my wires to extend them and make sure the soldered points do not move!
    Last edited by Desertboy; 04-09-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Does anyone know how the stall protection works? Looking at the manual it sets a pin high until power reset? in which case I could make it work with the Arduino but got a breakout board and a core duo with a parallel port to run linux cnc on.
    Why would you even consider an Arduino What are you going to drive it with? Remember a simple BOB will only have 5 inputs. You will need two for slaved homing that means three left unless you put two PP's in the PC.
    Going to solder my wires to extend them and make sure the soldered points do not move!
    What wires?
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Why would you even consider an Arduino What are you going to drive it with? Remember a simple BOB will only have 5 inputs. You will need two for slaved homing that means three left unless you put two PP's in the PC.

What wires?
    My nema 23 wiring isn't long enough so need to extend it was intending to make sure the soldered connections don't have stresses on them, I was going to use an arduino originally and I will connect it up just to make sure all the axis are moving properly whilst I'm waiting for the AM882's.

Some of my nema's have plugs crimped onto them so I could test the motors but will cut the plugs off and solder the wires.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 04-09-2017 at 05:30 PM.

My nema 23 wiring isn't long enough so need to extend it was intending to make sure the soldered connections don't have stresses on them, I was going to use an arduino originally and I will connect it up just to make sure all the axis are moving properly whilst I'm waiting for the AM882's.

Some of my nema's have plugs crimped onto them so I could test the motors but will cut the plugs off and solder the wires.
    Are they 4 wire or 8 wire steppers
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Are they 4 wire or 8 wire steppers
    All 4 are 4 wire steppers

All 4 are 4 wire steppers
    ok that's a shame because the coils will be probably be wired in series. 8 wired one's can be wired both ways.
    ..Clive

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

I assume the stall protection is automatic in the driver... I don't have the AM882's but mine just does it all automatically - The only extra wiring to consider is the alarm wiring that then lets the motion controller know there has been a fault so that it stops rather than tries to carry on with an axis dead.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeeflyboy For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information