. .
Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    They were the right connectors from rapid online, just got some cable for the signals but still waiting on the CY cable does mean though I can wire the BOB over the weekend, connect the power supply, PC and parallel port so easy job when CY cable comes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	electrics.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	492.8 KB 
ID:	23028
    Last edited by Desertboy; 13-10-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexDoran For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDoran View Post
    Looking good mate!
    I especially like the blood at the bottom of the case (Mine of course)

Decided not to go back today was sent some drawings from a solidworks designer and not happy at all I know I can draw them better in Fusion how we want them but not sure how lol.

Taking a while to get used to not having a co-ordinate system anymore and working from offsets but I'm hoping if I keep my head down I can get the drawings finished today.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    I especially like the blood at the bottom of the case (Mine of course)

These things don't work without a blood sacrifice...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeeflyboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    These things don't work without a blood sacrifice...
    I think in the old days you used to sacrifice someone else's blood.

Started the wiring today ;) Only going to wire up 2 of the stall protections for now (For the dual ballscrew) once it works we'll add in the other 2.

Name:	Am882 wiring.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	671.0 KB 
ID:	23072

I'm guessing the plus/minus dir don't matter which way round they are wired and can be changed in Mach 3/LinuxCNC
    Last edited by Desertboy; 16-10-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Finally skanked a 2nd hand piece of ply to use for shelves almost having to go buy one there :)

Wired up a little more, now I need the CY cable so I can wire to the motors, limit switchs will go on last as I haven't even decided how to mount them yet past a brief look around the machine for ideas.

I think I might need to use the machine to make the limit switch mounts as I want them to be rock solid out of aluminium rather than 3d print them.

Name:	Am882 wiring.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	569.1 KB 
ID:	23079

I hope I wired the emergency in correctly (Only 2 of 4 wired in at moment) wired them to a barrier connector block joining the live to live and neutral to neutral than ran 1 wire each to the right inputs on the BOB.

I assume it's similar with the limit switches, wire all the grounds to 1 connector and then from there to the common ground (same as emergency) then wire the limit lives. X&Z to the X input, One Y limit switch to the Y input and the 2nd Y limit switch to the Z?

I did ask before but forgot the answer what power should I feed the BOB

Name:	breakout.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	23081

Looks like theres 2 PC live 5v's inputs, with 1 gnd, also 12-24v input and a 5v USB? Which one should I use? I'm going to have this sat next to the pc that will control it and I'll get a 4 pin molex extension to tap a spare output from the PSU so will have both 5v & 12v available.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    5V comes from USB, 12 - 24V - external PSU. Same BOB was used on my previous Emco lathe.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    5V comes from USB, 12 - 24V - external PSU. Same BOB was used on my previous Emco lathe.
    But there's 3 pins bottom right marked PC GND and 2 marked PC 5v I was wondering are these inputs? if so do they replace the usb? I'm going to run a 4 pin molex from the PC power supply so have bother 5v and 12v to tap would be neater than USB and possibly more reliable?

It's nice that the BOB came with not even one piece of paper lol I had to google around to find that image or what looks like my board.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    But there's 3 pins bottom right marked PC GND and 2 marked PC 5v I was wondering are these inputs? if so do they replace the usb? I'm going to run a 4 pin molex from the PC power supply so have bother 5v and 12v to tap would be neater than USB and possibly more reliable?

It's nice that the BOB came with not even one piece of paper lol I had to google around to find that image or what looks like my board.
    Perhaps, not sure. Mine used USB power.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Dumb question but the spindle has 4 pins marked 1, 2, 3 & 4 which is the ground? (I think it's 4)

To check if it's grounded do I just undo the bolts at the top and it comes off?

Should I just solder directly to those pins or is there a connector I crimp on?
    Last edited by Desertboy; 19-10-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread Information