. .
Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Smart stuff!
    Any worries about soundlevels when running vacuumpumps?
    Have never used one so I don't know but I'm worried :D

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Smart stuff!
    Any worries about soundlevels when running vacuumpumps?
    Have never used one so I don't know but I'm worried :D

Vacuum cleaners are a lot louder than vac pumps for reference.

No issues for me it's in an industrial unit so can make as much noise as I want 24 hours a day ;)
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post

What microstepping do others use for their AM882's? I was thinking X16.
    I use x8, with EM806. That's with NEMA23 3Nm, 5mm lead ballscrews, 1-1 pulleys. Seems like a good compromise between smooth running, resolution, and maintaining torque. Gives me about 5000mm/min rapid, which is slower than some people but the max I can manage with my ballscrew length.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

8X it is ;) do the motors get quieter the more microsteps you have? When I first ran them one of the motors was virtually silent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4_u5ov-9cc

Ordered a 720p webcam to set a timelapse up so I can record my mistakes ;)
    Did you use the auto tune function on the EM806? Wondering if I did it right, flicked the SW4 switch on/off/on you hear some minor buzzing sound for a second and it's done. Does this sound correct?
    Last edited by Desertboy; 03-12-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Certainly a non-microstepped motor seems to run really roughly. I haven't studied it that closely, though - that was on a different machine which had been set up without microsteps for initial testing. The other thing to take into account is the pulse rate you can get out of the driving PC, though. Too many microsteps and you can't drive the pulses fast enough for decent speed. However, most people seem to be using external motion controllers these days which takes that whole issue away.

I did play with the autotune, although I was never quite clear about whether it should be done on load, and if so how you handled the case of a master/slave axis setup. Not a lot seemed to happen, though, and I have no idea whether or not it made a difference! I just use the machine, and it seems to work fine as it is. Might not be optimum, but I'm not sure what difference tuning makes. No apparent resonance over the speed range I use (typically cutting at around 3000-3500mm/min in wood or polythene) and 5000mm/min rapid. I guess that the ideal tune might allow slightly higher accelerations, but like a lot of people I just tweaked and tested until I had reasonable and reliable results.

Good luck - you seem to be getting close now!

I forgot to mention I fitted the BK12 fitting the wrong way round on the X axis and it was squeaking when I tried to move it, lubricated the hiwin's and ballbscrews a couple of times before I realised lol.

Swapped the BK12 fitting opposite way round and all good ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    I forgot to mention I fitted the BK12 fitting the wrong way round on the X axis and it was squeaking when I tried to move it, lubricated the hiwin's and ballbscrews a couple of times before I realised lol.

Swapped the BK12 fitting opposite way round and all good ;)
    Damnit! Is there a wrong way :D I have one squeaking ! Have to check orientation.. good find hehe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rolled-Ball-Screw-1605-500mm-rm1605-lead-5mm-with-SFU1605-ballnut-BK12-BF12-and-coupling-for.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	23312

This is the correct way at least mine doesn't squeak when fitted like this and does when the BK12 fitting is the opposite way round.

I think the Chinese might be off with 500mm though lol.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 04-12-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Aah.. thats the way I have it and still squeaking ;)
    Have it reversed on z but that works fine haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Aah.. thats the way I have it and still squeaking ;)
    Have it reversed on z but that works fine haha

I would try taking it off and reseating it as it shouldn't be squeaking, sounds like it's not sat in the bearing straight and maybe just reseating it will be enough.

Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread Information