. .
Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I would keep the Y switches on the there own inputs . Can you sketch a circuit of what you intend to do?
    I've run the X axis (Gantry) to the X input and the 2 Y Axis limits to Y & Z, when I add a Z I'll add it to the the same input as the Y but will get better electronics than this BOB soon but have other things I'd rather do first.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    I've run the X axis (Gantry) to the X input and the 2 Y Axis limits to Y & Z, when I add a Z I'll add it to the the same input as the Y but will get better electronics than this BOB soon but have other things I'd rather do first.
    I thought you was connecting up the home switches before. The limits can all be connected in series together.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I thought you was connecting up the home switches before. The limits can all be connected in series together.
    Yes limits/home dual use.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,729. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    How are you planning to use the dual home switches (Y axis in your case?). Generally you do this for gantry squaring, but only if your motion controller supports this (and not all do!). I don't think that Mach3 can do this either. I have the same problem on my own machine, by the way, and not trying to pick holes in your design. It's just one of those things that isn't obvious until you come to try to do it...

Personally, I home my dual-axis using just one home switch and manually tweak the other side for squaring purposes as my motion controller is no help at all in this area.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

I don't think that Mach3 can do this either.
    Neale I think Mach3 can do dual homing. UNCHECK "Home Slave with Master" in General Config. You may also need to modify your Ref All script to use RefCombination() to get the two sides to move together.
    ..Clive

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    How are you planning to use the dual home switches (Y axis in your case?). Generally you do this for gantry squaring, but only if your motion controller supports this (and not all do!). I don't think that Mach3 can do this either. I have the same problem on my own machine, by the way, and not trying to pick holes in your design. It's just one of those things that isn't obvious until you come to try to do it...

Personally, I home my dual-axis using just one home switch and manually tweak the other side for squaring purposes as my motion controller is no help at all in this area.
    I'm going to try linuxcnc which does support gantry squaring (Whether it works with my BOB we'll see) at least in 2.8, a quick google and it appears mach 3 does as well.

I'll try mach 3 as well, I planned a 2 pc setup for the cnc machine just in case with windows 7 & Fusion on one and the other with linuxcnc that way I can try both easily and have convenience of cam next to the machine.

What are they? I first thought they were radiators I have 2 of them, when I stripped them off they were full of water. Came from a large controller box for automated machinery, also recovered a 75amp 3phase RF filter box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0052.JPG 
Views:	279 
Size:	397.5 KB 
ID:	23126

Name:	DSCF0053.JPG 
Views:	294 
Size:	358.0 KB 
ID:	23129

Got more done, finally ready to solder the cy cable to the steppers.

Name:	DSCF0051.JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	412.9 KB 
ID:	23127

Name:	DSCF0050.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	311.4 KB 
ID:	23128
    Last edited by Desertboy; 01-11-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,729. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Neale I think Mach3 can do dual homing. UNCHECK "Home Slave with Master" in General Config. You may also need to modify your Ref All script to use RefCombination() to get the two sides to move together.
    I stand corrected! I'm using a CSMIO-IP/M which handles dual-axis and homing, but doesn't handle squaring (i.e. homing each end of the gantry simultaneously-but-separately, if you see what I mean). Because the CSMIO does some stuff internally and Mach3 does the rest, it's not always easy to see what is a Mach3 feature/restriction and what comes from the CSMIO. It's unfortunate that one of the things that drove me towards Mach3 was that LCNC, at the time, didn't support dual-axis properly. Sorry if I've mislead anyone.

Sorry if I've mislead anyone.
    No you have not. That is the beauty of a forum its generally self correcting I certainly need it. and I value your input.
    ..Clive

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Just tought of something..
    I'd you have the limitswitch like that and get some overshoot you will crush the switch ;)
    I.e if the machine is on a rampage and go full speed into the side.. If you have the switch in a way so the machine will only touch the trigger but pass the housing of the switch it should stop in a few mm :D

Make any sense?

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread Information