. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've bought several things off Aliexpress over the years but now I am having a problem. I am trying to pay using my usual credit card, but this time it keeps saying:

"payment failed system currently unavailable"

I tried several cards with the same result. Looking on the AliExpress forum shows this has been going on for some time for Visa cards with no solution. I've emailed the seller (Fred) to let him know I'm having problems - any one come across this recently?

Thanks
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Yes, i had exactly the same message about a week ago.
    It was my first purchase on Aliexpress.

It would go through the whole process, send me to my credit card issuers verification page, and then on return to Aliexpress, i got the message
    'payment failed system currently unavailable'
    This happened 4 or 5 times. So I waited until next morning and tried again, same problem.

I was trying to pay without Aliexpress storing my card details. So i tried entering & storing my card details first.
    I then went to pay and it went straight through.
    Not sure if it was coincidence or whether that was the reason, but it might be worth a try.
    You can delete your card details afterwards if you're not happy with them storing them.

Cheers
    Last edited by Greeny; 25-04-2017 at 08:58 AM.

I've not had any problems myself, I also leave my card details stored so that could be the difference here.

Barry, if you want to make the arrangements with him, I dont mind making the payment for you. He knows who I am so he should be ok with it, can you not just send him a PayPal?

:)
    .Me

Just to add a counter-view, I never store the card details and to this date it has always gone straight through (I usually use visa too).

Thanks all

I'll try ticking the 'save card' option and see if that works.
    If not I wondered about PayPal but didn't want to mess him around - however, might be my only option.
    After that I'm not sure what - thanks for the offer Lee but that feels a bit onerous on you and I would like to find permanent solution

I went into my account and entered card first iirc
    It seems to take a different path if a card is already stored when you start to pay.

Could be all a coincidence and not make a scrap of difference, but prob worth a try.

Hi Greeny,

OK, I registered first with AliPay and added my card details. Then when I went to pay it showed that same card automatically. Looking good I thought. However, it still did not process the payment.

So I emailed Fred and he is sending me a PayPal invoice instead.

I mentioned that I was part of this forum and he said he was honored to be recommended so many times. Lee, maybe he would do a deal / Ali coupon for forum members?

I must have just been lucky, sorry it didn't work out.
    You would have thought Aliexpress would have sorted this by now.

Good job you've got the paypal backup route to fall back on.

Cheers.

Hi. I was also having the same problem, especially when the price had been changed.

Here's my solution: Select Other Payment Options (Confirm and Pay) wait for the page to load your be taken to (https://icashier.alipay.com) Select the payment option you want to use on this page. Pay now.

Good luck and I hope this helped

I got a Pockit card just for Aliexpress. It cost me 99p to get it, it costs me nothing to top it up from my bank account, it costs me nothing to shop on line or in store. They would charge me if I withdrew cash but I don't. I presume the people selling me stuff foot the bill.

I think I have £46 in it at the moment so that is all it will pay out. Makes me feel all warm and safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information