. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just out of interest I had something new the other day on aliexpress...

I went to make a purchase and it got blocked, I had been flagged for what I assume was a random check where I needed to upload ID, bank card and a copy of the bank statement associated with the card. Before doing so I checked up on the process and it seems like it is a legitimate thing they do - just bizarre that after all the thousands I've spent over the years on aliexpress I suddenly get flagged on a 50 dollar transaction using the same payment card as usual.

Anyhoo - if anyone else ever gets that, it's worth noting that you can block out info on the photos/statements/ID such as all but the last 4 numbers and expiry date on the card, your picture on the ID etc before sending it on. I wouldn't have been happy about sending a picture of my bank card and ID without being able to censor that info first.

Robin - not a bad idea for online transactions in general I suppose, especially those where they store the card info for repeat billing. Not so concerned with one off transactions with proper payment providers, though shopping with a credit card is generally a good idea for the extra protections it brings.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 15-10-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Thread Information