. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just out of interest I had something new the other day on aliexpress...

I went to make a purchase and it got blocked, I had been flagged for what I assume was a random check where I needed to upload ID, bank card and a copy of the bank statement associated with the card. Before doing so I checked up on the process and it seems like it is a legitimate thing they do - just bizarre that after all the thousands I've spent over the years on aliexpress I suddenly get flagged on a 50 dollar transaction using the same payment card as usual.

Anyhoo - if anyone else ever gets that, it's worth noting that you can block out info on the photos/statements/ID such as all but the last 4 numbers and expiry date on the card, your picture on the ID etc before sending it on. I wouldn't have been happy about sending a picture of my bank card and ID without being able to censor that info first.

Robin - not a bad idea for online transactions in general I suppose, especially those where they store the card info for repeat billing. Not so concerned with one off transactions with proper payment providers, though shopping with a credit card is generally a good idea for the extra protections it brings.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 15-10-2017 at 02:18 PM.

I have had no problems with MasterCard.

Card failed trying to buy something for $2 the other day, after spending over $1000 the week before -_-
    Think it is more to do with our bank security rather than Aliexpress.

I like the idea of using one of them topup cards though. I trust Ali now but other things that might be better.
    Last edited by JOGARA; 15-10-2017 at 02:58 PM.

I have used Aliexpress many times successfully. However I have had the same problem the last 3 days. Many attempts with my standard VISA card, no success. I have none of their other options. Seems strange that such a large company would allow a problem of this nature to persist.

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    I've bought several things off Aliexpress over the years but now I am having a problem. I am trying to pay using my usual credit card, but this time it keeps saying:

"payment failed system currently unavailable"

I tried several cards with the same result. Looking on the AliExpress forum shows this has been going on for some time for Visa cards with no solution. I've emailed the seller (Fred) to let him know I'm having problems - any one come across this recently?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information