. .
    Lives in North East, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 29-07-2020 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 9. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 6 times.
    Just got around to doing some general maintenance on the router recently and found that I had messed up on the Y-Axis design, by not leaving enough space to access the grease fitting:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YAxisHIWIN.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	349.6 KB 
ID:	21483

I don't really want to start disassembling things to get temporary access, as everything's lined up/trammed nicely now - so was wondering if anyone knew of a way so that I can grease this in it's installed position? Maybe some sort of ~10mm long M6x1 male to female extension which I could install temporarily in-between the two so that the fitting clears the Y axis base plate enough to get the grease gun onto it?

Cheers,
    Raz

Grease nipple extensions are fairly standard. Getting one should be simple enough. If you have a lathe they are very easy to make.

Lives in North East, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 29-07-2020 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 9. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 6 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Grease nipple extensions are fairly standard. Getting one should be simple enough. If you have a lathe they are very easy to make.
    Thanks, unfortunately I don't currently have a lathe but am on the look out.

Do you have any recommendations on a supplier/eBay shop for these please? As all I've found so far are thread reducers when searching for this.

I think we used Moore international for the stuff we used at work but I made some at home because they were a lot cheaper. How many do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    I think we used Moore international for the stuff we used at work but I made some at home because they were a lot cheaper. How many do you need?
    Great, thanks for that - I will have a look on there site.

I would be needing 1 or 2 off, as it's just a temporary extension I would use whenever I need to grease the bottom Y axis carriages.

Whilst searching for Moore International on google, I ran into these guys. http://shop.hle.co.uk/shop/grease-eq...on-pieces.html
    Seems to do the job (as long as the hex head doesn't clash with the rail) so will give them a go. Cheers.

The hex should be the same size as the standard nipple nut so it should fit ok. Glad you all sorted now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Web Goblin For This Useful Post:

I went looking for a kit .. no luck but did find this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Y-8-4mm-D...-/322132683954

Next stop his Hi-Win data sheets

Quote Originally Posted by Paul3112 View Post
    I went looking for a kit .. no luck but did find this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Y-8-4mm-D...-/322132683954

Next stop his Hi-Win data sheets
    Interesting piece of kit - I think I saw a centralised lubrication system like this on Jonathan's build log and read that some even go as far as to have an automated lubrication setup that operates based on machine run time!!

We have both manual central lube systems and auto lube systems installed on some of our machines at work. Both work well but I prefer the manual lube, as long as the operators remember to use them at the start of their shifts. The issue I have with the full auto lube system is over greasing. Apart from them supplying grease at their timed intervals they also supply grease when they are powered on to start their cycles so this means that every time we have an emergency stop situation with either a light guard being broken or collision sensor operating the auto lube restarts it cycle when the power has been restarted. We can have quite a few extra grease operations during shifts.

Thread Information