. .
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Or if you have lots of spare hair go with Linuxcnc.
    With the money saved I can get a Donald Trump wig!

Setting linuxcnc up for dual homing with a hb04 pendant is exactly as much fun as having your teeth pulled lol but get over the hump and all's good ;)
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Actually, I have only experience of PP BOBs.

Attachment 23893
    I bought this beast because it was cheap and I intended to use it for my current machine and/or the next build, but various bits of my life got in the way, so it sits in a cupboard, next to the Super-PID speed controller for my router. One day, Maybe !!!

I just think that Printer Ports are soon to be history, like floppy disks and you would be better served by looking forward rather than staying stuck in the past.
    I check the site of cs-lab and it seems that your motion controoller costs 560 euros, this is the cheap one? IT SEEMS THAT I AM DOOMED!!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    I check the site of cs-lab and it seems that your motion controoller costs 560 euros, this is the cheap one? IT SEEMS THAT I AM DOOMED!!! LOL!
    They are very good though ;)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Davek0974 For This Useful Post:

£5 BOB doesn't seem so bad now lol.

Linuxcnc and a Mesa card is my vote if on a budget
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5I25-Supe...72.m2749.l2649

You can use a cheap BOB to get going (The 5i25 will talk to it directly) and buy a mesa BOB for better performance later (£120) but you probably won't need it.

I can help you get setup as I'm just doing it right now ;) Ask me again in a week if it works lol.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 08-03-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

I didn't pay anything like that, it was so much cheaper I couldn't let the chance go by.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by desertboy View Post
    £5 bob doesn't seem so bad now lol.

linuxcnc and a mesa card is my vote if on a budget
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5i25-supe...72.m2749.l2649

you can use a cheap bob to get going (the 5i25 will talk to it directly) and buy a mesa bob for better performance later (£120) but you probably won't need it.

I can help you get setup as i'm just doing it right now ;) ask me again in a week if it works lol.
    lol!!!

It seems that i mess things up.
    I order first two AM882 stepper drive they are on the way and today I discover that they are not the -H version, how bad is that?

I order first two AM882 stepper drive they are on the way and today I discover that they are not the -H version, how bad is that?
    Send 'em back !

No problem at all I have 1 AM882 and 3 AM882h the only differences are the h are rated for AC and also for a slightly higher input voltage (100vdc instead of 80vdc)

feed them ~70v dc and they perform identically, I mixed them and I don't know which one is which lol they all fire stall protect fine if I drive the machine to hard and jumper setting are universal between them.

In future I am going to buy 4 AM882h's for a bigger build but I have a spare toroidal transformer that outputs 78v when rectifed which is high for the AM882's but fine for the AM882h's.

One thing I'm sure is just good practise is if you have a dual ballscrew Y axis using 2 AM882's (Or h's) on that axis and not mixing them.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 13-03-2018 at 07:53 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

Nick The main difference is that the H version can accept AC input and a higher DC input. It is difficult to find AM882's drive now.

Don't panic they are fine.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information