. .
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    The only reason I know is that if you want to run it at a low speed say 7K then the fan will not put as much air across the spindle so could possibly heat up. But for me a WC one is a no brainer
    Thanks for the input, I hope I didn't open a can of worms with my question. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Hmm I'm at this stage myself but I was thinking about drilling through the bottom extrusion and use tee nuts in the upper extrusion and cap head screws with washers to fill out the t slots. Then use the holes I drilled to tighten the screws. What do you all say about that?

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk
    Maybe this way the conection between the two extrution is more rigid , because the bolts run all the leght of the upper extrution and not just hold it with the lower one only from the base,just a thought....

I am thinking to make the base of X axe support plate 300mm, is it ok or too much?
    I quess that to find the length of the ballscrew for x axis etc, I have to substract the legth of baseplate from the legth of the rail,right?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bed and x axis (1).jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	22703
    So 1200mm for Xaxis subtract 300 =900mm for balscrew plus f plus space for the end support bearings bk and bf.
    Last edited by Nickhofen; 01-09-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Small update.
    I send an email to Fred, BST Automation, about the cost of the rails ballscrew and a VFD spindle asking for quote.
    The price he offer is good but the shipping cost from China to Greece is very high ,324$

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    I am thinking to make the base of X axe support plate 300mm, is it ok or too much?
    I quess that to find the length of the ballscrew for x axis etc, I have to substract the legth of baseplate from the legth of the rail,right?

Name:	bed and x axis (1).jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	22703
    So 1200mm for Xaxis subtract 300 =900mm for balscrew plus f plus space for the end support bearings bk and bf.

300mm is more than enough.

Yes, although there is no real harm in having a slightly longer ball screw travel than the machine travel of course if it helps you in locating motors/bearing mounts. The only downside is possibly slightly more expense and a slightly lower critical speed if you get a screw longer than needed.

I was very happy with the TBI and HIWIN stuff I got from aliexpress, all machined to my own specs. Haven't used it in anger yet of course so can't fully comment but quality appears top notch, was most impressed with the ballscrew machining as it was done to an impeccable standard. The seller was this guy https://www.aliexpress.com/store/278...4b24ae2bMdgpHS although you just want to email them for a full quote rather than buy the individual parts from the store. I dealt with a guy called "John" (I doubt it lol) who was very helpful... his email was just john "at" topper-hz.com and you then pay through a special order on aliexpress so you benefit from the payment protections there.

Worth a quote perhaps. They do all the c3/c5 ground or c7 rolled.. just ask for what you need. They offer their own brand stuff too which is much cheaper but I can't comment on the quality too much... I got a couple of small c5 12mm ground ball screws and they seem ok. Not as smooth as the TBI stuff out of the box but I haven't really looked any closer at them yet as they are for a future project.

Shipping is always going to a be a bit expensive when you are shipping a lot of heavy and large items half way around the world, but if the price is good enough to begin with then that's the trade off! Shipping for me (4 x 16mm screws, 2 x 12mm screws, 2 big 25mm rails, some 20mm rails, lots of carriages and motor mounts, bearing mounts etc came to about $240 via fedex.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 04-09-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    300mm is more than enough.

Yes, although there is no real harm in having a slightly longer ball screw travel than the machine travel of course if it helps you in locating motors/bearing mounts. The only downside is possibly slightly more expense and a slightly lower critical speed if you get a screw longer than needed.

I was very happy with the TBI and HIWIN stuff I got from aliexpress, all machined to my own specs. Haven't used it in anger yet of course so can't fully comment but quality appears top notch, was most impressed with the ballscrew machining as it was done to an impeccable standard. The seller was this guy https://www.aliexpress.com/store/278...4b24ae2bMdgpHS although you just want to email them for a full quote rather than buy the individual parts from the store. I dealt with a guy called "John" (I doubt it lol) who was very helpful... his email was just john "at" topper-hz.com and you then pay through a special order on aliexpress so you benefit from the payment protections there.

Worth a quote perhaps. They do all the c3/c5 ground or c7 rolled.. just ask for what you need. They offer their own brand stuff too which is much cheaper but I can't comment on the quality too much... I got a couple of small c5 12mm ground ball screws and they seem ok. Not as smooth as the TBI stuff out of the box but I haven't really looked any closer at them yet as they are for a future project.

Shipping is always going to a be a bit expensive when you are shipping a lot of heavy and large items half way around the world, but if the price is good enough to begin with then that's the trade off! Shipping for me (4 x 16mm screws, 2 x 12mm screws, 2 big 25mm rails, some 20mm rails, lots of carriages and motor mounts, bearing mounts etc came to about $240 via fedex.
    Thanks for the input, I will also check the store you suggest at Aliexpress.
    The big problem about shipping cost is that the custom here add the shipping cost to the value of the order and then apply 24% taxes!
    So the ballscrew I am going to order, lets say for the X, long axis ,is going to be 900mm plus smth, maybe 950mm?
    What is the minimum the support plates legth can be, so I can have a rigid gantry?
    Sorry for keep asking about something that seems obvius to some guys here but it is the first time I buld or put an order for ballscrews etc.

I also have great problems with shipping and taxes. 25% in Sweden ;) I usually hope, pray and do strange voodoo when ordering to make the post / customs to overlook my shipment ;)

250-300mm will give you a very solid mounting... Given it's a fairly large machine I wouldn't try to save space too much.

Size depends on what motor mounts/bearing mounts/couplings you are using. Don't just guess! Do you know what mounts and bearing arrangements you are using yet?

You may find some creative accounting on invoices.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 04-09-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    I also have great problems with shipping and taxes. 25% in Sweden ;) I usually hope, pray and do strange voodoo when ordering to make the post / customs to overlook my shipment ;)

That seems like a good plan! :-)

Name:	805122-voodoo1000x625.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	318.3 KB 
ID:	22714

This may be of use - its the technical drawing I made when ordering my screws. The dimensions are suitable for an FK12 angular contact on the motor end and an ff12 floating bearing on the other end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 19.57.06.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	22715  

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeeflyboy For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information