. .
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Try to make a diagram with the help of UB1 manual....
    Last edited by Nickhofen; 19-07-2018 at 02:23 PM.

This is what I come up untill now, no water pump or stepper motors yet added.
    HY VFD is going to be connected according the second schematic.

Can you guys check the diagram to see if you find any issues, I add also the manual of UB1.
    Also please suggest where to put fuses and relays.

Thanks,Nick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UC300 ETH_UB1 WIRING DIAGRAM.png 
Views:	227 
Size:	510.7 KB 
ID:	24558

Name:	connection of vfd HY to UB1.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	24559

http://www.cncroom.com/downloads/UB1...al%20E15R0.pdf
    Last edited by Nickhofen; 19-07-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    One thing I see is that you seem to have fuses in the -ve line from the 72v PS that is NOT good practise and are not necessary. Also 5A may be a bit low
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    One thing I see is that you seem to have fuses in the -ve line from the 72v PS that is NOT good practise and are not necessary. Also 5A may be a bit low
    Not a good practise at all ,I didn'r realyse I put the fuses there.
    I change it .Thanks!

Name:	UC300 ETH_UB1 WIRING DIAGRAM.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	507.3 KB 
ID:	24560
    Last edited by Nickhofen; 21-07-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Can anyone suggest how to connect relays and fuses at this wiring diagram?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    Can anyone suggest how to connect relays and fuses at this wiring diagram?
    Hi Nick,

I have a primairy CB 16amp C type for the entire cabinet.

I have a CB 4Amp on the 230volt side of the 24vdc 2a supply. PSU secundary is shortcicuit protected.
    But maybe an extra 24volt side glass fuse would be appropriate there.

The above CB's are for convienience only.

I still want a 16amp B type CB on secundary side 72vdc psu.
    Mine is a high amp (10amps nominal) psu 500va transformer... and would like to protect the wiring in the panel.

Shorting out 72vdc circuit can lead to higher amps than i can trust some of the 1mm2 cabinet wiring with.

Since you have 5vdc onboard on ub1 no problems there.

For the relays.. is this about the e-stop relay we talked about?

Can you list the stuff you want to control by relays? You mentioned an ub1 has 3 onboard so...

Maybe pneumatic valves, pumps , vfd?

What needs switching on/off more than the 3 relays available to you?

I would use the onboard relays just for low current stuff like the remote on / off for the vfd , the spindle cooling pump, maybe chip clearing air valves and or liquids.

BTW doesn't your design allow for 4 combined end / home switches?

Do you plan on using all 8 off them?

like 4 home and 4 end?

I read about this a few times on the forum they can be combined in some configurations.

I have no hands on experience this subject (and a lot of other things) :-) yet.

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I still want a 16amp B type CB on secundary side 72vdc psu.
    Mine is a high amp (10amps nominal) psu 500va transformer... and would like to protect the wiring in the panel.
    Why would you want a 16 breaker on the secondary side Just a slow blow fuse to each drive is more than enough.
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Why would you want a 16 breaker on the secondary side Just a slow blow fuse to each drive is more than enough.
    Hi Clive S,

Like i said.. most cabinet wiring is 1mm2.. a bit on the thin side for maximum current the 500va 72vdc psu can generate.
    And nothing to stop it .... yet.

I did run separate wires to all drives.
    So i could do 4 fuses. 1 per drive.
    like these

https://goo.gl/images/zFDM82

Or 1 cb for all..

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

The only thing the 72v ps is supplying is the drives so what has the 1mm wiring got to do with it. Also 1mm cable can carry in the region of 10A
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by driftspin View Post

For the relays.. is this about the e-stop relay we talked about?

Can you list the stuff you want to control by relays? You mentioned an ub1 has 3 onboard so...

Maybe pneumatic valves, pumps , vfd?

What needs switching on/off more than the 3 relays available to you?

I would use the onboard relays just for low current stuff like the remote on / off for the vfd , the spindle cooling pump, maybe chip clearing air valves and or liquids.
    Hi Bert
    Thanks for the reply.

The relays that the card has onboard are charachterized as ''signal relays that should never used as power relays, they are intended to convey signals such as fwd and reverse to a VFD ...However please take care , as the contact of these relays can carry a max current of 0.5 amp at 120V AC or 1 amp at 24V dc.The user must use an external relay if the load requirements of the device will exceed the current rating.''

This is why i mention the external relay connection.
    To answer the other question you put, I want to connect the maximum I can on this card ,water pump , air nozzle etc.

Quote Originally Posted by driftspin View Post
    BTW doesn't your design allow for 4 combined end / home switches?

Do you plan on using all 8 off them?

like 4 home and 4 end?

I read about this a few times on the forum they can be combined in some configurations.

I have no hands on experience this subject (and a lot of other things) :-) yet.

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I am going for this configuration because my previus cnc was wired like that, if there is a better way of course I prefer it.

You are speaking about traveling proximity switches, right?

Regards.
    Nick.

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread Information