. .
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    Sorry I forgot to mention that the total height is 280mm.
    I have read at another thread here , that to eliminate the forces when Z axis is cutting, the carriege must be at least at 250 mm from their outer sides.
    Hello !
    I think you (or me) has misunderstood..
    The bearings on x axis your long axis should be wider preferably so that the tip of the cutter is between them when viewing the machine from the side.
    The y axis bearings on gantry can be closer.

If you use 90x90x4 steel with no welding, how will you close the ends to be able to bolt there?

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Hello !
    I think you (or me) has misunderstood..
    The bearings on x axis your long axis should be wider preferably so that the tip of the cutter is between them when viewing the machine from the side.
    The y axis bearings on gantry can be closer.

If you use 90x90x4 steel with no welding, how will you close the ends to be able to bolt there?
    How close can be the bearings on the gantry so I can have good accuracy and eliminate the tolerance when torgue applied on Z axis ?
    The ends of the tubes is going to be welded with steel flanges, I prefer minimum welding for minimum stress and to be able to adjust- align everything.
    Last edited by Nickhofen; 02-08-2017 at 09:54 PM.

How close can be the bearings on the gantry so I can have good accuracy and eliminate the tolerance when torgue applied on Z axis ?
    The ends of the tubes is going to be welded with steel flanges, I prefer minimum welding for minimum stress and to be able to adjust- align everything.
    Aah then I understand about the ends ;)

I don't know about the critical spacing of y axis bearings but I've seen lots of people using gantrys that are only 100mm high (50x100 steel tube) and that seems to work. The better question is what distans you are planning from lower y bearing to workpiece?

Aah then I understand about the ends ;)

I don't know about the critical spacing of y axis bearings but I've seen lots of people using gantrys that are only 100mm high (50x100 steel tube) and that seems to work. The better question is what distans you are planning from lower y bearing to workpiece?
    200mm maximum, with rising table that will minimize the distance for aluminum cutting .

Sorry I forgot to mention that the total height is 280mm.
    I have read at another thread here , that to eliminate the forces when Z axis is cutting, the carriege must be at least at 250 mm from their outer sides.
    I fount another thread "http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8975-Linear-rail-question?p=88244#post88244", one that you have start Robert (Nr1madman), where Jazzcnc states that 160mm for Y axis height is good enough!
    Time to redesign !

I fount another thread "http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8975-Linear-rail-question?p=88244#post88244", one that you have start Robert (Nr1madman), where Jazzcnc states that 160mm for Y axis height is good enough!
    Time to redesign !
    Hohoho you know the phrase "seek and you shall find". Well done ;)

But if I remember correctly my choice was 80x160 profile for gantry but jazz and Boyan stated that 2pcs of 80x40 is plenty enough in L formation. That gives the gantry a hight of 120mm!

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Hohoho you know the phrase "seek and you shall find". Well done ;)

But if I remember correctly my choice was 80x160 profile for gantry but jazz and Boyan stated that 2pcs of 80x40 is plenty enough in L formation. That gives the gantry a hight of 120mm!

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk
    I think I have seen Jazz use 90 by 45 as that is the correct spacing for 20mm rails in profile
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I think I have seen Jazz use 90 by 45 as that is the correct spacing for 20mm rails in profile
    90x45 each tube Clive? And what spacing between for the screw can we say that is ideal?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    90x45 each tube Clive? And what spacing between for the screw can we say that is ideal?
    Not sure what you mean by this the two profile are fitted together to make an L so the lower one is horizontal with the other one sitting on top vertical, the BK and BF bearings for the screw will fit the slots in the profile
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this the two profile are fitted together to make an L so the lower one is horizontal with the other one sitting on top vertical, the BK and BF bearings for the screw will fit the slots in the profile
    Thanks Clive, now I get it.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information