. .
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this the two profile are fitted together to make an L so the lower one is horizontal with the other one sitting on top vertical, the BK and BF bearings for the screw will fit the slots in the profile
    You are correct as always ;) but I think the smaller 80x40 was okay strength wise, just alot more handy with the 90x45 because of the bearings and the clever bolt on approach

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    You are correct as always ;) but I think the smaller 80x40 was okay strength wise, just alot more handy with the 90x45 because of the bearings and the clever bolt on approach

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk
    Exactly, better job all round the bolt holes are perfect for the 45x90
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

After some sleepless nights watching some video tutorials about Fusion 360 CliveS point me, thanks Clive, I came up with this.

The questions now are:
    Can I use two pieces from this aluminum extrusion for the Y axis, not complete on the photo, and screw them them at left and right on the supports?
    And what extrusions can I use for the X(long) axis, to support the Hiwin rails and screws.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/17233...?ul_noapp=true
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bed and x axis.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	22613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bed and x axis.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	22614  
    Last edited by Nickhofen; 01-09-2017 at 08:40 PM.

I was thinking the option of using aluminum extrusions for the axis, since this way there is no need for drilling ,tapping and leveling with epoxy!

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Can I use two pieces from this aluminum extrusion for the Y axis, not complete on the photo, and screw them them at left and right on the supports?
    Yes use two pieces one flat and one upright like an L. Then drill the upright one down the channel slot and bolt it to the flat one with tee nuts M6 90mm cap head
    ..Clive

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Thanks Clive, always so helpful!
    Can I use the same extrusion for the x(long axis ) to bolt 20mm rails and ballscrew on? Or I need a thicker extrusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    Thanks Clive, always so helpful!
    Can I use the same extrusion for the x(long axis ) to bolt 20mm rails and ballscrew on? Or I need a thicker extrusion?
    Its very nice using extrusion (heavy duty) because the slots it the 90x45 are exactly correct for the bk and bf bearings and can be mounted with tee nuts 6MM the 20mm rails will also mount into on top of the slots. You would have to work out how to fix the extrusion to your frame.

The ends of the extrusion can also be tapped without drilling for M12 bolts. with a spiral tap in an electric drill.
    ..Clive

I see that they are not as cheap as steel tubing but that save me from a lot of work and time!
    Thank you Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    I see that they are not as cheap as steel tubing but that save me from a lot of work and time!
    Thank you Sir!
    Yes if you decide on them get the company to cut them to length
    ..Clive

I will message the seller,Thanks!
    One more silly question..For X (long axe) what side is better the extrusion lay on the bed side, the sort(45) or the thick(90), for matter of stability.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information