. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23-05-2017 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 8.
    Yeah I was thinking something along those lines too.

For the sake of the argument, if we were to look at the X6 220 USB is there a way to increase the Z travel. Maybe cutting longer side supports. I'm brainstorming, don't really know if that's possible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    140mm under the collet nut isn't much space to fit a fourth axis into unless it's a really tiny one.
    ...but it is much more than most other eBay machines, and the majority of hobby machines have. Also, 100mm is what most 4th axis needs, so in general, for a hobby machine I think 140mm Z clearance is more than enough and is definitely not a "tiny one".

Quote Originally Posted by doc7 View Post
    Yeah I was thinking something along those lines too.

For the sake of the argument, if we were to look at the X6 220 USB is there a way to increase the Z travel. Maybe cutting longer side supports. I'm brainstorming, don't really know if that's possible at all.
    I guess you could do that, but you have to remember that the increased height will also increase the flexing and the "flimsyness" of a moving gantry machine.

Lives in London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23-05-2017 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 8.
    I will bear that in mind.

I was browsing online for accessories that go with routers. More specifically vices and cutting bits. The X6 comes with a 6mm and a 3.175 collet.

What should I know when it comes to vices and cutting bits?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information