1. #1
    Just came across the 3 axis kits on ebay from (amongst others) industry-village.

    3 pairs of supported rails, each with a pair of linear bearings, 3 ballscrews with nuts and support bearings for 215 including shipping.

    Sounds very cheap, so probably all wonky, but has anyone successfully bought one of these kits and built a working machine?

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SBR20-Line...0AAOSwi7RZGnWv

    (apologies if this is the wrong section for this question)

  2. #2
    I bought from that company had no issues with quality but was different kind of slide. If I were you I would consider 2 upgrades (Contact the seller they will put it together for you)

    25mm supported rail for the 1m axis with suitable bearing blocks
    2 ballscrews with supports for the 1m axis (So you end up with 4)

    that should not add more than 100 to the cost but well worth the upgrade.

    Ideally you would use hiwin's but that would push the cost up to over double and for a light duty home machine supported rail should be fine.

    Getting it from Germany there will be no import tax which is a bonus I just imported 3 ballscrews from Hong Kong for 250 and the import tax will be 54 so not inconsiderable.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 18-05-2017 at 06:07 AM.

  3. #3
    I would not buy from a seller who's rating is only 97.7%. No way. There are so many sellers on eBay so there is no reason. On the other hand, I don't mind if it is shipped from China directly, even if I have to wait a few more weeks.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    3 pairs of supported rails, each with a pair of linear bearings, 3 ballscrews with nuts and support bearings for 215 including shipping.

    Sounds very cheap, so probably all wonky, but has anyone successfully bought one of these kits and built a working machine?

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SBR20-Line...0AAOSwi7RZGnWv
    If I click on that link I get...

    215.99 for the kit and 500.00 for shipping. Shipping is from Germany, and in my opinion that is a horrible price. Shipping from Germany to UK or Sweden costs the same, so he is definitely not a serious dealer.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    If I click on that link I get...

    215.99 for the kit and 500.00 for shipping. Shipping is from Germany, and in my opinion that is a horrible price. Shipping from Germany to UK or Sweden costs the same, so he is definitely not a serious dealer.
    If I click on the link I get 215.99 and FREE shipping, so somebody doesn't like Sweden. If you like you can forward me the cash and I will send on the goods for 250 shipping (this is not a serious offer btw)
    Last edited by cropwell; 18-05-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    It takes all sorts to make a world, I am just glad I am not one of them.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    I bought from that company had no issues with quality but was different kind of slide. If I were you I would consider 2 upgrades (Contact the seller they will put it together for you)

    25mm supported rail for the 1m axis with suitable bearing blocks
    2 ballscrews with supports for the 1m axis (So you end up with 4)

    that should not add more than 100 to the cost but well worth the upgrade.

    Ideally you would use hiwin's but that would push the cost up to over double and for a light duty home machine supported rail should be fine.

    Getting it from Germany there will be no import tax which is a bonus I just imported 3 ballscrews from Hong Kong for 250 and the import tax will be 54 so not inconsiderable.

    Thanks for the info. I assume these are all coming from one or two suppliers with multiple ebay seller identities.

    Interesting that you got stuff that wasn't banana shaped!

    I am just tossing up all the options of a modest, light mill machine to just play with, without spending a mint. So the ballscrew kit with some profiles vs a ready build Chinese 6040/6090 type. (looked at routerchina - TianJiao and chinacnczone - Scotle)

    If I can get all the key parts for say 500, I might give it a go.


    And yes, the shipping fees are all over the place but 500 to get to Sweden must be their way of saying, no thanks!

  8. #7
    Free shipping for me to (UK) you'll find that price is not the correct price for shipping lol, if you contact them first you will get the real price for Sweden which will be less.

    I have had this many times on ebay and alixpress.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Free shipping for me to (UK) you'll find that price is not the correct price for shipping lol, if you contact them first you will get the real price for Sweden which will be less.

    I have had this many times on ebay and alixpress.
    I was just curious. I don't need the items, but never the less, I'd NEVER buy anything from a seller who only has a 97.7% score.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to A_Camera For This Useful Post:


  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    ... somebody doesn't like Sweden. If you like you can forward me the cash and I will send on the goods for 250 shipping (this is not a serious offer btw)
    Things will change... after Brexit...
    Last edited by A_Camera; 18-05-2017 at 12:32 PM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to A_Camera For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Things will change... after Brexit...
    Yep I'll only order from China lol, my ballscrews came without import tax good old Chinese ;)

    I should add Brexit was a disaster at least for me :(

    Going to vote Lib dems for first time in my life because of it ;)
    Last edited by Desertboy; 18-05-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Ballscrew Kits
    By mekanik in forum Classified Ads, Buy, Sell & Swap
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2016, 01:44 PM
  2. Linear rail and ballscrew dimensioning for R/C router
    By CarlNicholasCarlsson in forum Linear & Rotary Motion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-03-2013, 05:52 PM
  3. Ebay CNC motor kits? Any good?
    By gr8fun in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 09:58 PM
  4. ebay board kits v 542 boards
    By crossleymarko in forum Motor Drivers & Controllers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 17-04-2012, 07:26 PM
  5. FOR SALE: Looking for a ballscrew (eBay)?
    By Smiler in forum Items For Sale
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 16-05-2009, 02:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •