. .

Thread: 3 phase spindle

Hi. I am not electrical mined so forgive me if this sounds silly. I have been looking at spindles.I wish to use small cutters so high speed is needed.having read about the poor quality of some Chinese imports I have been looking at uk purchase.the think is that these are all 3 phase and I would need an inverter to use one. But my worry here would it be worth the extra money or are these spindles just rebranded chinese rubbish.is there a good reliable uk supplier for hobby use spindles

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    Hi. I am not electrical mined so forgive me if this sounds silly. I have been looking at spindles.I wish to use small cutters so high speed is needed.having read about the poor quality of some Chinese imports I have been looking at uk purchase.the think is that these are all 3 phase and I would need an inverter to use one. But my worry here would it be worth the extra money or are these spindles just rebranded chinese rubbish.is there a good reliable uk supplier for hobby use spindles
    My view, dont be scared of the common Chinese stuff on ebay. Its not the best but its value for money. Use that until it dies, then replace with better bearings (if it dies). The runout on them is not bad, you can do a bit to improve them but they are as good as most of us need.

I looked at not going Chinese, it gets fairly expensive. Consider 2nd hand stuff but then you dont know if it will work and how well.

Sad to say I have gone Chinese. Will hope for the best

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    Sad to say I have gone Chinese. Will hope for the best
    Hope you have gone with the water cooled version amd a;so bought the vfd with it.

The WC version is very quiet
    Last edited by Clive S; 21-05-2017 at 06:47 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information