. .

Thread: Y axis problem

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hi yes the error is cumulative while air cutting, I also thought the G code from mach 3 might be the problem so I took a circle from my mazak at work but that still had the same effect. I'm a bit stumped as to what it might be

again, sorry for asking simple questions, but it does help eliminate the obvious!

This also happens if cutting a square? Have you tried typing manual gcode into the MDI window? Something like (assuming you are starting at (0,0)):
    F100
    g1x100
    G1y100
    G1x0

That's about as simple as it gets and you have control over reversals of direction - circles have a lot more in them so less clear exactly what is happening.
    G1y0

I've done the test you suggest all ok. I've also done rapid to position over a distance of 400mm to zero and zero to 400mm and it's right every time. Back to a circle and it's out of position again. Also used a wizard rec pocket and that was ok.

There will be no magic involved and finding situations where the error doesn't occur rarely helps to narrow down what's causing it where it does. Assuming you have some matching drivers in your system swap one over with the Y and see if the fault stays with the axis or follows the driver, ditto the motor. You can test your break out board by swapping X and Y outputs and swapping pin out config in Mach3 and seeing if the fault stays with the axis or moves with the BOB output.
    If the fault isn't in the electrics then it's mechanical.

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

I think It's the driver so bought a Hy-DIV268N-5A from eBay to see if that might work, the wiring is not the same so can anyone help
    My machine has these;
    DC DC BB AA GND V+ P 5v Dir
    The driver from eBay has these;
    DC DC BB AA EN EN PUL PUL
    DIR DIR
    Where do the V+ and 5v wires go ?

The way i see it:

1.Nobody said the obvious: the rising edge of the signal is not right most possibly. Just change it and try again. That 99% is the problem. /just saw Neale pointed you/ . Did you do something about it?

2. Mach3. Clean install and try again. Hve been there a couple of times
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 13-09-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Hi thanks for your reply, what do you mean by the rising edge of the signal? If I reinstall mach3 will that affect my license

Quote Originally Posted by Kev2960 View Post
    Hi thanks for your reply, what do you mean by the rising edge of the signal? If I reinstall mach3 will that affect my license
    What is your stepper driver exact name and model? Normally there is a jumper on the driver / controller to change that. Also is explained in controller user manual. Normally mistake is seen on the z axis as it makes more movements, if all is not set right. Check it anyway.

No. The Mach3 license file is called Mach1Lic.dat , so just go into Mach3 folder , find the file and save it somewhere else. If you don't have original manufacturers Set file open Mach3 and take snapshots of "general " , " motor tuning"/for each axis/ , "inputs outputs" , "homing limits" setting tabs. Uninstall mach3. Delete folder mach3. Restart. Install Mach3. Restart. program all setting. SAVE SETTINGS. CLOSE MACH3. Open mach3 and check how all is working. Once you are happy and all works well make a copy of your screen for further use, so you dont have to input every detail again and again.

Close mach3 when its doing something, power down the PC without closing Mach3 and its f%%$d up 101%. Did i tell again how much i dislike it for that little details and behaviour...
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 14-09-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    The way i see it:

1.Nobody said the obvious: the rising edge of the signal is not right most possibly. Just change it and try again. That 99% is the problem. /just saw Neale pointed you/ . Did you do something about it?

2. Mach3. Clean install and try again. Hve been there a couple of times
    Again Boyan you are jumping in and have not read the post from the beginning, If you read post #13 there is no way that a rising edge problem would be 0.3mm out on such a simple cut. In this case you are muddying the waters.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Kev2960 View Post
    I think It's the driver so bought a Hy-DIV268N-5A from eBay to see if that might work, the wiring is not the same so can anyone help
    My machine has these;
    DC DC BB AA GND V+ P 5v Dir
    The driver from eBay has these;
    DC DC BB AA EN EN PUL PUL
    DIR DIR
    Where do the V+ and 5v wires go ?
    A picture of the wire connections to the drive would help or a link to it.
    But basically DC,DC,BB,AA are the same. EN (enable) may not be needed but the PUL and PUL etc with have a +ve or -ve and which way you connect them can vary.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information