. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I want to build a pendant style jog control for my router and wondered if anyone had any ideas or parts.

Just want a simple jog control to jog machine, switch between axis's and change jog mode as setting jobs up using the keyboard is getting a pain in the arse.

Would like a rotary style mpg as found on cnc mills/lathes etc not joystick type as I have looked around and seen people using xbox controllers etc but not really what I want.

I could make the housing for it but need all the bits to go in it, any ideas anyone??

Get a contour shuttle express, download the plug in from the downloads page and you are away.

No MadIO boards or 10,000 miles of cables, buttons, wheels and peripheries.

Plugs into a spare USB port and has 2 jog wheels and 5 programmable buttons.

You can set one button to step thru the axis X, Y, Z etc one for X, Y, and Z and the last for step increments.

Centre jog wheel moves in selected steps, out wheel is spring loaded and moves faster as you hold it round.

Borrow one if you want but I want the bastard back.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Get a contour shuttle express, download the plug in from the downloads page and you are away.

No MadIO boards or 10,000 miles of cables, buttons, wheels and peripheries.

Plugs into a spare USB port and has 2 jog wheels and 5 programmable buttons.

You can set one button to step thru the axis X, Y, Z etc one for X, Y, and Z and the last for step increments.

Centre jog wheel moves in selected steps, out wheel is spring loaded and moves faster as you hold it round.

Borrow one if you want but I want the bastard back.
    Sounds just the job...

Tell you what, i'll come round this afternoon (if your about) to 'borrow it'. How long will it be before the borrow period expires??

tonight...................

John S -

Have to agree, the contours are great!

I had one lying in my drawer - I'd previously already bought the thing to control a Digitial recording App called Cubase (it was meant to speed up my workflow, but I never got it working very well within Cubase) ...I couldn't believe my luck when I read that the Contours integrate into Mach3 just fine - out the drawer it came & my oh my what a difference it makes to the end user 'experience'!

The best £60 you'll never spend if you're borrowing someone's
    Last edited by HankMcSpank; 09-08-2009 at 01:47 PM.

Location unknown. Last Activity: 10-11-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 58. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hi Hiltonsteve
    (EnhanceYours) are selling them new via Amazon.co.uk, market place for £30.00 including the postage and packing.
    Ivan.
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 09-08-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added amazon links to the product

Steve they also do this version:

Let me know what your going to do as i wanted one of these myself, joint postage cost maybe ? Also take a look at this vid, he's using one on his machine:

Laser Zero Finder

Another thing, they are also being sold on ebay last time i looked. Thanks for the Amazon "headsup" Kn8 thats almost free given the time saved having one on your machine !

EDIT:

Steve, they are indeed £30 and what looks like £5.50 no extra for more then one ?
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 09-08-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: speeling ;-)
    .Me

Been to John's and picked it up, fixed it!, installed plug-in, plugged it in and it worked first time.

Exactly what I was after and a lot easier than making one.

I think the borrow period may have to be slightly extended......

Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by HiltonSteve View Post
    Been to John's and picked it up, fixed it!, installed plug-in, plugged it in and it worked first time.

Thanks John.
    FIXED IT ???????

It was alright 'till you dropped it .
    :sad:

See you later tonight or the overdue fines get applied.

One pint.........

two pints...........

3 pints..............

John S -

John would you say that the Pro version is abit overkill for the amount of uses we may put it to/actually use it for?

I haven’t got as far as wiring up my laser zero tools, touch off-plate and so on so I don’t really know how many of the buttons I will need and so on?

But at the same time I don’t really want to buy the express version to find I need to upgrade?

Lee
    .Me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information