We partially agree .. as usual .. and I try hard to never be belligerent.
A good top end machx setup is perfectly equal, in many ways better, to an industrial control like haas or the chinese fanuc copies, but with caveats and specific drawbacks.

The speed you quote, I think, is erroneous.
My max speed, at 0.2 microns step size, is 12 metres / minute.

You are perfectly correct that 95% of users can run (quite/very) well with a(uccnc or..) chinese 200$ hw control box +/-, running a fanuc copy of some kind.
This means no bob, and is (often, slightly) cheaper then the uccnc setup. Immaterial in truth.
A SS can also run 90%+ of stuff very well ... but there is a reason I binned mine many years ago. As did () others.

I have no idea about the instant feedhold/fro/so you get, and the mpgs response, but if they are in fact fast then they are great. Good for You.

I pointed out 5 exact hw features that work extremely well today,
mostly not supported all-together by most competitive setups I know of,
as good as or better than current industrial controllers,
that are extremely important,
for all users in general,
after You seemed to disparage, for some reason, my factual, objective, technical, comments regarding different cnc controllers, in my humble opinion.
As I see it.

A variable 10-1000 ms, or 0.01 - 1 s delay, in feedhold, is critical and very bad (like the very old first USB mach3 plugins, generally).
Etc..
Slow probing is very bad ... as it makes probing either slow or inaccurate - Way It Is.
Etc..

Ger21 .. You did not make any factual statements re:speed, response, delay, jitter, or technical capacities of UCCNC, as far as I can see.

Please try to be polite and respond to technical posts with technical data.
I am sure I make mistakes ... and am perfectly willing to learn and adjust my POV etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
Imo, you're requirements are very different from the average Mach3/LinuxCNC/UCCNC user. 95% or more of the user base has no need for the specs you're spouting.
Neither Mach3, nor UCCNC, is a replacement for a true industrial control. And they don't claim to be.

The machine homes to the nearest step, whether it's at 100Khz or 4Mhz, the machine still homes to the nearest step.

All of these are CS Labs features, not Mach3 features. Mach3 is an open loop control, so glass scale feedback is not even used by Mach3.

With UCCNC and the MB2 breakout board I'm using, I have instant feedhold. Instant FRO and SO using analog inputs. Instant MPG feedback. Rigid tapping. Differential step/direction, and 24V I/O. For about 1/3 the price of Mach3 and a CS Labs controller.

And with it's superior trajectory planner, I've seen UCCNC run 30% faster, while making more accurate parts than Mach3. At the end of the day, that's what matters to me. Not if the feedhold response is 1ms.