. .
    Hi All im a woodworker from the North East UK, Ive been looking around here a little while as a non member! and thought it was time to sign up to pick some brains.
    Im just looking to branch out into the unknown (for me anyway) which is CNC.
    Ive not really got the time to learn how to build my own machine and would much rather spend what time i do have on learning how to use a pre built machine.

This brings me to my first question.... Which one? I have narrowed it down to two machines, but dont want to get burned.

1) MakerLab CNC-6090
    2) Exel-SL4570PRO.

Would love some feedback and advice or if anybodys had any experience with these machines, or if there are any better altenatives within the same price bracket?.......preferably cheaper.
    Ive had two quotes on the above machines that i can post in a different section.

Thanks Sean

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 787. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Sean
    Welcome to the forum
    If you could give the guys an idea of what you intend to use your CNC for, ie materials/working area ect you might get a better response. Also are you going to be running on a production basis, also your maximum budget.
    Enjoy the forum
    Regards Mike
    PS you could make a start by learning how to use Fusion 360(CAD/CAM)

[QUOTE]
    2) Exel-SL4570PRO.

Would love some feedback and advice or if anybodys had any experience with these machines, or if there are any better altenatives within the same price bracket?.......preferably cheaper.
    Ive had two quotes on the above machines that i can post in a different section.

[
    /QUOTE]

Well looking at the website the data sheet is different to what it says on the front page ie, front page says powder coated steel and 750x450x100 and data sheet say heavy duty ali and 700x450x100 etc.

A Kress spindle is no use at all (not sure if it is included though mount is only 43mm, 80mm is more common say for a WC spindle.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi mekanik, thanks for your reply, I've started a new thread in the general machines section which includes a bit more information.

Sean

Hi Clive, I've posted Two quotes in my new thread under general, that might give you a better idea.

Thanks for looking
    Sean

Thread Information