. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Have you verified there is power to the circuit board ?
    are there any emergency stop or limit switch inputs to the board ?

Here's a link to the board; https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...713561151.html
    maybe you do a straight swap ?
    I did suspect that it might be the case
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	controller.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	857.7 KB 
ID:	22035

It's just an Arduino nano (Cut down Uno) with the same steppers but more expensive and not in the UK I'd go with the cncshield combo I linked to instead same software, same setup. The only hassle is mounting the board, it does support laser engraving so no features will be missing.

Basically this board is a cheaper version of what I linked too but actually more expensive and less reliable.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 30-06-2017 at 08:30 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Before buying any new boards, I'd be trying to get the existing one working again.

When did the existing board stop working? I.e. Just randomly after being powered on? While running a job? After changing a setting?

Does the board still show as being connected to the computer? I.e. listed as a COM port in windows device manager?

I've got no experience with GRBL, but I'd suggest trying to send some commands via a terminal to the board to see if it responds. For a terminal, it's probably easiest to download the Arduino software, as it includes a terminal, and you'll need the software anyway if you do need to reprogram anything.
    If there is no response, I'd then be trying to re-flash GRBL to the board, as something could of caused it to become corrupt, and re-flashing it may get things working again.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Have you verified there is power to the circuit board ?
    are there any emergency stop or limit switch inputs to the board ?

Here's a link to the board; https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...713561151.html
    maybe you do a straight swap ?
    Hi yeah I have checked with board and everything seems perfect with boards nothing is burnt and power is passing by. Only issue is that software has been wiped out from board. I have showed it to one of my mate and he confirmed that.

Update about my situation. Need further help please guys.
    Ok so I found out that board is all fine and none of the components burnt and power is passing by normally. Only and I guess main issue is that software been wiped out from its memory. My mate is trying to help me and he said to me that if we can somehow flash this board with software it came with, can do the trick.
    I'm gonna give it a go and if no luck then I will buy that cnc shield board.
    Anyone would have any idea to flash this damn thing? 😢

Quote Originally Posted by DesktopCNC View Post
    Update about my situation. Need further help please guys.
    Ok so I found out that board is all fine and none of the components burnt and power is passing by normally. Only and I guess main issue is that software been wiped out from its memory. My mate is trying to help me and he said to me that if we can somehow flash this board with software it came with, can do the trick.
    I'm gonna give it a go and if no luck then I will buy that cnc shield board.
    Anyone would have any idea to flash this damn thing? ��
    You want the Arduino IDE
    https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

there's a few guides on flashing grbl to the arduino follow any of them.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    https://github.com/gnea/grbl/wiki/Fl...-to-an-Arduino

Were you supplied a pre-configured .hex file with the machine?
    V1.1 is the latest version, however I'm wondering why the PCB specifies 0.9. If you got sent a .hex file with the machine, I'd use that, as it's likely to be already configured for the machine.
    Older versions of GRBL can be downloaded by scrolling down this page a bit - https://github.com/grbl/grbl

8. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

I got the arduino software but just don't know how to use it. Will try to google it. Thanks for your help buddy. Had to go to work on my day off :(

What software was supplied with the machine?
    Was it a download, or was it supplied on a disk?

The reason I'm asking, is if we can see what software/files you have, we'll be able to give more precise help, which should get you up and running quicker.

On my board it doesn't say 0.9 . hmmmm I don't think it came with any .hex file. I will check again. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DesktopCNC View Post
    On my board it doesn't say 0.9 . hmmmm I don't think it came with any .hex file. I will check again. Thanks
    I was going by the link posted previously. I don't see any reason why a newer than 0.9 version wouldn't work unless there's something specific about the configuration, but see my previous post (that I made while you were most likely typing this reply!) about what software/files you have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information