. .
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    looks like these are the drivers https://planet-cnc.com/product/motordriver-2-5a-32/

says current selectable.... i would say there is a good chance the current is set too low.

2. hmm, sounds interesting mate. Is this a variable that is changed via the software or manually on the control board?

Cheers
    Enthusiastic with CNC stuff but a proper novice so be gentle
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

i would guess a jumper or pot on the board.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeeflyboy For This Useful Post:

looking at the pics, you have a little dip switch to choose the micro stepping setting, so chances are the red jumper is your amperage setting.

edit - infact I think i can make out "Imax" next to the jumper in one pic, so thats almost certainly the puppy. Check what it is set to.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 23-08-2017 at 09:13 AM.

6. I will go and have a look at my pics now matey
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

Looks like your motors are 2.0A from a quick google (you may want to verify that yourself) so thats the setting you'd want on the drivers
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 23-08-2017 at 09:13 AM.

8. right I understand exactly what you mean, the 4 little boards are the drivers, and there is a jumper on the 2 pins the other side to the 2 pins labelled imax
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

9. I have looked at the pics of my install and the jumper is on the same 2 pins as in the advert on the site ie opposite to imax. Should I put the jumper onto the imax pins?
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

yeah those are your drivers, what you referred to in an earlier post as your new driver board is actually your motion control board.

Again, only working from educated guesses given the blurry pics on their website an no instructions, but you have two variables you can set on those drivers. micro stepping and amps. the micro stepping looks like it is set by the small dip switch, which leaves the red jumper for amps. one assumes the different jumper positions correspond to 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5 amps... if that is a correct assumption then you'd want the second from last pins if your motors are indeed 2.0A
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 23-08-2017 at 08:36 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeeflyboy For This Useful Post:

12. You have explained a hell of a lot this morning mate, in very easy terms. I really appreciate that mate, hopefully this will solve the problem but even if it doesnt I have just gained a lot of useful knowledge in regards to my box. In other news I have been in constant contact with planet regarding my issues, I have now begun to learn how to add shortcuts into the planet software, the jogging buttons on the front of the box itself now work which is a nice little touch, managed to get one limit switch working on the z axis but the others are wired wrong. Bit worried about the y axis though as when I plugged the z axis into it nothing at all happens, there is a i/o tab on the software which shows when a input is activated, put the z limit switch cable into the x axis and it registers a input but with the y axis nothing at all happens. Need to check my soldering but im pretty sure that is ok now.
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information