. .
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by ravihotwok View Post
    Thanks mate, why are they bad? in the link you sent me it stated when the older balls at the top of the connection and doesnt make contact with the metal ring on the board it is bad, but the ones I have done which are balls but they are making perfect contact with the board rings? I will revist this though just want it clarifying so I fully understand mate
    If I may just put a comment in here about your soldered joints. I speak from the position of running an electronics manufacturing company for 30 years.

The pads on the PCB are not ideal. Large tph (I assume through plated) holes and very small pad areas. Be careful not to overheat and pull a pad clean off the circuit board. Can be repaired but messy.

Make sure you get heat both into the component and the pad simultaneously. It would help to use a flux pen on those pads first. Here we use temperature controlled and adjustable soldering iron. Not cheap if you go for a Weller solder station, but some of the Chinese offerings are quite good.

Try to remember, you are not just 'sticking' the solder to the components or pads. You are trying to achieve a metal to metal bond. Sort of low temperature welding if you like. Cleanliness and enough heat are the key requirements, with flux and a lead based solder. Naughty, but nice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KeithElcomb For This Useful Post:

3. Cheers Kieth,

which pads are you referring too
    Enthusiastic with CNC stuff but a proper novice so be gentle
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

4. Right chaps I need some help. I have Wired the spindle control board up to my planet cnc enclosure box as instructed by Planet themselves. However I am having difficulty in getting advice on how to get power to the spindle power pack.

Here is what I have done so far:

I have removed the potentiometer, capped off one wire and wired the 0-5v and gnd to the pin6 and gnd on the planet board. I have soldered the wires and heat shrunk them
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black wire capped off.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	22975Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnd - 1.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	22976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnd - 2.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	22977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnd.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	22978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pin6 - 1.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	22979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pin6 - 2.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	22980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pin6 - 3.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	22981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pin6.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	22982
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

5. I just dont know how to supply power from the enclosure box to the large silver power pack which is mounted on top for the spindle.

It has these connections on it:

Name:	spindlepwer.png 
Views:	228 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	22983
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

Hi there, could you explain a bit more what you mean when you say power pack on top for the spindle?

The photo you have there is a typical Chinese power supply, it will need to be wired to 230v AC - Mains.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ravihotwok View Post
    I just dont know how to supply power from the enclosure box to the large silver power pack which is mounted on top for the spindle.

It has these connections on it:

Name:	spindlepwer.png 
Views:	228 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	22983
    I don't understand the question. You connect the mains to the L and N, the Earth to the one beside N and the spindle to the + (normally red wire) and the - (normally black or blue wire). If you have a regulator to adjust RPM then you connect that in between the power supply + and - and the motor + and - terminals. The PWM module should have some kind of documentation describing this, or printed on the PC board there should be clear markings.

8. hi mate, basically I have wired the small pcb that came with the spindle to the controller from planet cnc. However I dont know how to supply power to the silver power pack which is for the spindle. Been trying to get documentation for the spindle stuff but the ebay seller is not playing ball at the mo
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

9. hello alex,
    sorry didnt see your reply, yes thats the box im trying to supply power to, but not sure how to tap of the power going to the controller box
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

Quote Originally Posted by ravihotwok View Post
    hello alex,
    sorry didnt see your reply, yes thats the box im trying to supply power to, but not sure how to tap of the power going to the controller box
    Hi Ravi,

You need to connect that Power Supply you have to 230v AC - Mains Voltage.

Looking at the PSU you have the far right three terminals: Earth, Live, Neutral.

Get a common Kettle Plug (For a PC or a PC Monitor etc), cut end off and use it to power the PSU.

USUALLY - in a typical plug it is as follows:

Blue - Neutral
    Brown - Live
    Green / Yellow - Earth

If you want to be neat about it then you can get one of these: Click Me

That will you mean you can just plug it in and have it modular.

Once you have the PSU live, you just need to (I assume - I do not know what you have been supplied to control the spindle), power the PCB using 48v DC from the PSU using any of the remaining terminals. You have 3 sets of -V & +V on the left hand side of the PSU.

Alex
    Last edited by AlexDoran; 09-10-2017 at 03:09 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexDoran For This Useful Post:

I'm really tired today just travelled 1500 miles but looking at it Earth, live & neutral to the mains and you have 3 positive rails and 3 negative rails for the DC out.

e2a alex beat me to it with a better explanation lol do what he said.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 09-10-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information