. .
    Hi there,

Basically I want to learn CNC so I can make parts for flight simulator hardware. Up to now I've used 3rd parties to make my custom cockpits. It's been quite a few years since I made my last one but I like learning new stuff.

Before I had to retire in my late 20's due to disability I was a programmer but as they say, "if you don't use it, you lose it!", so I need to learn a bunch of stuff to complete my current cockpit project. I also have some electronics background as I wanted to know the hardware as well as the software and have collected a bunch of bits and pieces over the years that I acquired just to learn new things. Like PIC programming and Arduino.

Learning how to interface my hardware with the game software (buttons are easy... but flight data like attitude and autopilot data in Kerbal Space Program is harder) is going to be fun again (hopefully). But my start point will be making the hardware.

So basically I need a starting point to learn CNC. Any pointers? CNC for Dummies?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Hi and welcome to the forum. This might be a good start:- http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCDIYCNCBeginners.html. or even :- https://wordery.com/getting-started-...srYxoCoJDw_wcB.

Read some of the build logs on here to see how others have done it (many with no prior knowledge)

Good luck in your quest.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thanks for that. Now time to start reading up.

Thread Information