. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GBR1 View Post
    Thanks all, yes a quick google search shows they are the same company..

Chaz, thanks for the link.. it looks like a good option, a bit more than I was wanting to pay. He is only 15min from me so I should investigate..
    Do a proper google search on MD reviews I have just had to sort a 8x4 MD machine out that was bought new a couple of months ago it was continually missing steps they had come back to it once but didn't fix it and they would not come back again. There was no earths on the machine frame or on the cable to the spindle. the bed was left 4mm out of level. Also it was supplied with a copy of Mach3 licence to MD.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    He is me.

Go and see that one. There is nothing better to buy from a respected forum member
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 39 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    A visit will be worthwhile, I can show you how the CAD to G Code stuff works too. I used to run a 3D Printing business, so can explain a lot to you. If anything, the knowledge alone will probably be worth a short trip.

I am home for most of the weekend - will be working on my machines, let me know if you want to pop around.

Sweeeet offers there Chaz nice one and thanks for offering !

Would be pretty kool if you did work something out on the machine exchange.
    .Me

Ye, avoid Marchant Dice at all costs. Lots of shortcuts in their kit, not good value.

Could this be of interest - http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/11055...-Phase-CS-Labs ?
    When I still very green I looked at the Merchant dice machines and salivated but thank god I didn't waste my money on their over priced shite lol when I got into building I realised that building your own isn't about saving money it's about knowing your machine is built properly.

I think all people who want a cnc should build there own because what you learn is priceless and if you can't cad it out then you probably don't want one as much as you thought.

Maybe it's just me but if you're making other peoples models then I think you're better off haggling with a machine shop to make them for you and make profit for doing nothing it only becomes interesting to me when you're making your own creations ;)

Of course some of you guys are machine shops so I would use you and add 10-15% for profit depending on the job.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 09-07-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Botley, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14-10-2020 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    A visit will be worthwhile, I can show you how the CAD to G Code stuff works too. I used to run a 3D Printing business, so can explain a lot to you. If anything, the knowledge alone will probably be worth a short trip.

I am home for most of the weekend - will be working on my machines, let me know if you want to pop around.
    Hi Chaz,

Many thanks for the kind offer, sorry I have only just picked up on this.. I will see if I can pm you and arrange something.

Once again many many thanks..

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 39 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by GBR1 View Post
    Hi Chaz,

Many thanks for the kind offer, sorry I have only just picked up on this.. I will see if I can pm you and arrange something.

Once again many many thanks..
    No problem. We are away this weekend but welcome to pop around in the evenings (im typically home from around 19h30 or so).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information