. .
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    http://www.ebay.es/itm/CSDJ-02BX2-CS...cAAOSw0vBUl2gB

Thats what i have / the 400w/ and where i bought it from. And what i would recommend. Just check again for the details in the manual. You will not find anything better for the money.
    Just noticed that your Samsung drivers appear to be the same as the Omron that I have. Obviously all made by Yaskawa and branded to suit.
    Last edited by Agathon; 20-07-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agathon View Post
    Just noticed that your Samsung drivers appear to be the same as the Omron that I have. Obviously all made by Yaskawa and branded to suit.
    By Iskawa not, by Parker i believe. But yes...
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

By Iskawa not, by Parker i believe. But yes...
    I noticed on the RS (Rockwell Samsung) website that they started making Yaskawa inverters under license in 1989 - presumably the servo drives followed on.

This is not going well. A few people have bits and pieces but has anyone done the full X, Y, Z Monty? Even Gary seems to avoid selling servo motors with driver and cables in one package and most everything is out of stock. There seem to be steppers with encoders masquerading as affordable servo kits just to trap doddery old gits with more money than sense like me. Most of it seems to be a few big name motors and drivers being passed around on e-bay but never actually used.
    Or have I completely misunderstood?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    This is not going well. A few people have bits and pieces but has anyone done the full X, Y, Z Monty? Even Gary seems to avoid selling servo motors with driver and cables in one package and most everything is out of stock. There seem to be steppers with encoders masquerading as affordable servo kits just to trap doddery old gits with more money than sense like me. Most of it seems to be a few big name motors and drivers being passed around on e-bay but never actually used.
    What do you need exactly from the aforementioned options? The cheapest JMC servos plus drives / around 180$ each kit where you need 80V transfrormer or PSU, you get cables with them/ , The 220V AC servos second hand /Panasonic, Samsung where you buy them for around 250euro the kit with cables/ or new 230v AC Servos from BST automation/ where you buy the kit with cables again/ .

I would consider only these 3 options and nothing else. If you need help choosing from them then let's discuss it. All other options are no good for my liking, price wise, complexity, support and so on

What do you need exactly from the aforementioned options? The cheapest JMC servos plus drives / around 180$ each kit where you need 80V transfrormer or PSU, you get cables with them/ , The 220V AC servos second hand /Panasonic, Samsung where you buy them for around 250euro the kit with cables/ or new 230v AC Servos from BST automation/ where you buy the kit with cables again/ .

I would consider only these 3 options and nothing else. If you need help choosing from them then let's discuss it. All other options are no good for my liking, price wise, complexity, support and so on
    Just to chuck in my two penn'orth, I'm not so sure that the cables are so much of a problem. Having done a bit of research on my Yaskawa/Omron drives the plugs are nothing special and available from RS and the like. The manuals give all the wiring information - a bit of suitable cable, a soldering iron and you're away.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post

Are you thinking about servos for your mill/drill Robin? If so, I'd counsel hanging on to your cash and buying a Denford Triac or similar then going from there. From what you said about the quill you'd be throwing money at a machine that's never going to quite hit the mark despite all of the excellent work you've done on it

Just to chuck in my two penn'orth, I'm not so sure that the cables are so much of a problem. Having done a bit of research on my Yaskawa/Omron drives the plugs are nothing special and available from RS and the like. The manuals give all the wiring information - a bit of suitable cable, a soldering iron and you're away.
    I agree, though depending on your skill it takes time to sort things out and solder. it took me a lot of time to solder my cables .

I agree, though depending on your skill it takes time to sort things out and solder. it took me a lot of time to solder my cables .
    Good point, well made. I'd sooner buy a proper factory made cable any day, but they are so expensive. I think if a bargain driver/motor combo turns up with short cables that shouldn't put one off.

Good point, well made. I'd sooner buy a proper factory made cable any day, but they are so expensive. I think if a bargain driver/motor combo turns up with short cables that shouldn't put one off.
    Thats what i did , my beast did not like even 6m cables so i had to make 10m some of them using the TME cables, which honestly for 2euros per meter are incredible deal. They have all possible connectors too

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information