. .

Thread: New start

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    Nice,I like it the way you put everything in there!
    Thanks Nick!

Hope it works well ;)

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Thanks Nick!

Hope it works well ;)

It will!!!
    Why you are not satisfied with the UC300 usb version?
    Here at post#158 Jazzcnc explains why the usb version is better than the parallel one.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10911...655#post100655

It will!!!
    Here at post#158 Jazzcnc explains why the usb version is better than the parallel one.
    The usb version is more vulnerable to signal loss and interference than the Ethernet version.
    Both are better than paralellport.

But I'm sure the usb version will work fine for my needs.. as I'm only running 40cm of shielded cable mounted to the motherboard it should work flawless :D

Now I have to research what other BOBs or relays I want/need for running extra equipment such as lights and dustvac and such :)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

It will!!!
    UC have a USB or ethernet solution, Jazz was comparing using a PC with PP for step generation. UC cards are step generators. It gets confusing because like me nr1madman is using a cheap PP BOB to connect to the steppers, switches etc.

but the connection to the PP BOB is running a lot faster than if it was a PC PP. A few people have warned that using that cheap board will limit upper performance but I was told you will be able to run at least 50khz per axis with that cheap board connected to a step generator if you need more you need a better breakout board. For my Mesa card it's £100 for the better BOB so I'm happy to use my existing BOB for now and 50khz is actually a lot depending how you set microstepping.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    UC have a USB or ethernet solution, Jazz was comparing using a PC with PP for step generation. UC cards are step generators. It gets confusing because like me nr1madman is using a cheap PP BOB to connect to the steppers, switches etc.

but the connection to the PP BOB is running a lot faster than if it was a PC PP. A few people have warned that using that cheap board will limit upper performance but I was told you will be able to run at least 50khz per axis with that cheap board connected to a step generator if you need more you need a better breakout board. For my Mesa card it's £100 for the better BOB so I'm happy to use my existing BOB for now and 50khz is actually a lot depending how you set microstepping.
    And just to clarify (I have no clue)
    If running 1600 microsteps and 10mm pitch screw with the standard 200steps/rev motors.. how fast will 50khz get me? :D

And just to clarify (I have no clue)
    If running 1600 microsteps and 10mm pitch screw with the standard 200steps/rev motors.. how fast will 50khz get me? :D

LOL I'm going to run 16 microsteps ;) so 100 times less

Jazz is the man to ask but I think

50000*60 == 3000000 pulses per minute /1600 = 1875 revolutions per minute I think, times that by pitch for distance.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    LOL I'm going to run 16 microsteps ;) so 100 times less

Jazz is the man to ask but I think

50000*60 == 3000000 pulses per minute /1600 = 1875 revolutions per minute I think, times that by pitch for distance.
    Hmm... I might be over thinking this!

Maybe I was thinking about 1600 pulses so 8 microsteps per step.. have to rethink :D

Hmm... I might be over thinking this!

Maybe I was thinking about 1600 pulses so 8 microsteps per step.. have to rethink :D

That's ok because I should have divided the last one by 200 ha ha ha forgot the steps.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 14-03-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Alright.. now Im really really tired of wires :D

Got the pc working and installed uccnc sucessfully!! Makes me want to scream in joy!

As Ive said before Im following a schematic I found on the forum.
    But in this schematic the limitswitches power a relay and this enables a signal to the bob.

Shouldnt the limitswitches be connected with the estop circuit and stop the main relay from latching?
    That way the power would be cut if a limit is breached?

Otherwise the axis that hits a limit might continue if there is software malfunction?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 53 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Do you have soft limits as well? It's all debatable but hitting the limits say while jogging should not (in my opinion) be an E-Stop as it is not an emergency
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information